For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Zombie The Cranberries Finished

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by NNemo, Aug 18, 2019.

1. NNemo

NNemo Double Actioner

Title: Zombie
    Picture is of Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of The Cranberries, from her song Zombie about terrorism and victims from it.
    Airbrushed 24"x 36" on ampersand clayboard.
    Creatix illustation paints.
    Hrs to complete about 30-35
    Iwata cm-sb with blair spring and lowrider trigger. "I do like the improvements they make"
    I used the youtube video 480p as reference, not much detail in there but I made it work.

I had alot of fun with this one, I made a few happy accidents, one was paint falling out the cup on shirt, etc.
    I somehow bent my needle, but i bought the needle straightener, and fixed that and also polished the tip, and there was ALOT less tip dry.
    This was my first painting in along time, and I plan on doing more real soon, I made a painting room in my house, I prefer to stand when I paint, I use the drafting table I made for cutting stencils etc.

Attached Files:

basepaint, twood, jord001 and 2 others like this.
  2. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Very cool, love that song! Good learning as well, I'm glad you got the needle repaired! That is so frustrating.
    jord001 likes this.
  3. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Nice painting, she looks great. You also learned a few things while painting her so that's a hidden bonus.

Lee