Aerograph AE

Kingpin

AKA, SIR KingPin
Staff member
Mod
Got Myself another AE :)

Needed a bit of work as the air valve had been replaced by a horrible tube of brass, which luckily had been soldered to the outer part of the body and the thread were clenan and solder free, I had a spare valve body, so I could replace that part :)

Cleaned up well and sprays lovely :)

The horrible brass tube soldered to the body!
20240115_094109.jpg20240115_094239.jpg

Cleaned up best I could, also added a leather washer to go between the body and air valve that it is not in the pictures.

20240115_124159.jpg

20240115_124228.jpg

20240115_124242.jpg

And a spray test :)

20240115_124438.jpg

Got Myself another AE :)

Needed a bit of work as the air valve had been replaced by a horrible tube of brass, which luckily had been soldered to the outer part of the body and the thread were clenan and solder free, I had a spare valve body, so I could replace that part :)

Cleaned up well and sprays lovely :)

The horrible brass tube soldered to the body!
View attachment 86748View attachment 86749

Cleaned up best I could, also added a leather washer to go between the body and air valve that it is not in the pictures.

View attachment 86750

View attachment 86751

View attachment 86752

And a spray test :)

View attachment 86753
How did you remove the soldered on brass tube and clean up any left over solder? Just heated that area up and wiped it off with something carefully? Youā€™ll see why Iā€™m asking in a minute.

How did you remove the soldered on brass tube and clean up any left over solder? Just heated that area up and wiped it off with something carefully? Youā€™ll see why Iā€™m asking in a minute.
Yep, exactly that, then I used some 3000 grit emery paper to polish and remove the rest :)

Yep, exactly that, then I used some 3000 grit emery paper to polish and remove the rest :)
I feel a lot better about trying this following in your footsteps after your success. Mind you, there is still a good chance I will screw it up, probably wreck the brush, burn myself and set fire to my house at the same time.

I just got one of these. It was all crusty and dirty. I cleaned it up and polished the needle ans inside the cup with a dremel. It works great, but I can't figure out how the nozzle comes out. Is it screwed in like an Iwata? If so it is very tight, and I'm afraid of breaking it off if I try to twist. it.

I think they are a threaded stump in the head, there, kingpin may have a parts breakdown for an old aerograph on the resources page, i dont think you will get a replacement if you take it out though.

I honestly cant remember if I took the nozzle out, pretty sure that I didnt on either one of mine!

Do You need to get the nozzle off? If its ok then I would leave it, if You do need to get it off then a long soak in cleaner may help!

Actually, it looks as though I did remove the nozzle on one of them, so just take it easy and they should come apart

20231213_152049.jpg

Back