Bad times

A

ad fez

have just been out in the garage doing a bit on the kate bush project, and my compressor has given up, its one if the direct jet cheapy chinese jobs.....think it had overheated.....now it gets to required pressure but the motor won't stop running....the pressure didn't seem to get any higher it stops where I want but motor still running.....to top it all I've just had to shell out £150 on car tax.....this is far from ideal, don't think I can afford a new comp

if it building up pressure but the motor want stop running, it probably your pressure control valve or switch...this switch tells the motor when to turn off when the expected pressure is reached...you may be able to find one at your hardware store,, i dont think they are that expensive,,,, you just need to get one that is either adjustable or for the pressure of your tank..

Last edited by a moderator:
That totally sucks Adam!!!! But I think you need a proper compressor now to keep up with your awesome skills. Can Father Christmas bring you one, even if it's used? Maybe you should drop hints to the mrs, that without a compressor you will have to be spending a lot more time under her feet, and perhaps she could put in a good word for you, if you've been a good boy that is.

Hi ad I know just what you're going through I'd bought one TCP Global and now it just stay running but I've put a fan next to it to help keep it cooled off. But I'm looking for a another one but this time I.m going to make sure it has a tank on it.

Dang that sucks!! I had the same problem with the same compressor 3 times. Got mine at tcpglobal and they just send ya a new one and let ya keep the old one. I bought a better one and kept the last one they sent for a spare. Hope you get the Bambi, I want one of those bad!!

Josh

thats it ive had a chat with parents, mrs etc etc.... no presents for xmas for me thank you, just a little bit of cash to put towards this beauty

Bambi BB24V Silent Air Compressor - Aircomps Air Compressors

Yep, that's the same compressor as I have and I bought it from the same place !
It's not "silent" as such but merely sounds like a fridge when running.
Plus, with the 24L tank it doesn't cut-in very often.
I'm really pleased with mine ..... well worth the money.
The wife moaned when I told her how much it was but even she has agreed it was a good buy.
We share a hobby room and she was getting fed up with the noise of my previous " cheap" compressor.
Good luck with getting the cash together to buy yours.

I was gonna go fridge route but then realised I can not do hardly any of the stuff required sure to the fact....I'm a moron

Back