Cheap paint mixer

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
Yes I know, a few has had really good ideas, what makes this one any better. Well, the price. It's almost free.

My wife and I quite like our lolly pops. And there are quite a few brands on the shelf. So I kinda don't know which one I used for this.

Tools that you need.
Something to cut with. A Dremel or similar tool will work great.
A plastic rod/tube. This one is from a lolly pop. If you have taller bottles, you will need a longer rod.
You battery powered eraser.
mixer_01_needed.jpg

Trim the plastic. The longer you make the legs, the more they will flair out when the machine is spinning. But you also stand a bigger chance of breaking them.
mixer_02_cut.jpg mixer_03_cut.jpg

In another discussion about erasers I mentioned that you can fit the inners from the pencil erasers in a battery machine if you crimp the ferrule. This is what it looks like and the same one will be used for this.
mixer_05_ferrule.jpg

This is it fitted.
mixer_06_fitted.jpg

Late last night I got the idea of flattening the ends. I just heated them up and pressed down on a smooth surface. This can get nicely in the corners of the bottles now.
mixer_07_flared.jpg

This was with some FW inks that were standing for quite a while. Pigment actually caked up on the bottom.
white_1.jpg
white_2.jpg
Com-art transparent yellow. Here you can see how little pigment is in transparent paints.
yellow_01.jpg
yellow_02.jpg

Hope you like.

Last edited:
Another cool trick Andre, you are a bit like myself, like to look for solutions and fixes that won't break the bank, my little airbrush cleaning station based on your idea is still going strong, I would assume your is too:thumbsup::)

Love the idea!
Question. How do you prevent the contents of the bottle from splashing out?
The rpm of the eraser is quite fast - yes, it will mix the paint well, but are you likely to cop a spray as well?

Love the idea!
Question. How do you prevent the contents of the bottle from splashing out?
The rpm of the eraser is quite fast - yes, it will mix the paint well, but are you likely to cop a spray as well?
It does not come out at all. As long as you do not lift it out and spin with paint on the shaft.

Andre the only thing I can say after have a look at your invention is that genious things are simple!:) Thans for sharing!

Back