Cleaning gravity feed tip

Basstrack238

Mac-Valve Maestro!
This is a tip I learned a while back, probably here, just thought I would pass it to some new members.IMAG3168-768x1358.jpg
Use a soft brush in your cup to loosen up and clean paint from your airbrush with your cleaner of choice. With wicked I use 4012 reducer. It's expensive but does a great job if you use it. I like my equipment clean, I never have issues with clogging or otherwise. It's an old habit from working with auto paint and 2k clears. I hope it helps someone as it has helped me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:sorry if this is in wrong place mods....should have put it in tips and tricks

Last edited:
a long soft bristle brush it always at hand. when I began I bought the 'airbrush cleaning brushes' but quickly found out from here that they shouldn't be used due to risk of damage to the airbrush, so they've been relegated to the tool box and have come in handy many times.

I also have done that for years. The thing that drives me bonkers is the small section behind the cup before the needle packing bearing. Because of the way the needle is drawn back in there and there is a gap paint stays inside. What I do is unscrew the needle chuck nut, load up the clean cup with cleaner and draw the needle in and out just a little bit while pressing the air. I repeat till the cleaner stay clean.

If there is a better faster way please tell me.

Paint on

I also have done that for years. The thing that drives me bonkers is the small section behind the cup before the needle packing bearing. Because of the way the needle is drawn back in there and there is a gap paint stays inside. What I do is unscrew the needle chuck nut, load up the clean cup with cleaner and draw the needle in and out just a little bit while pressing the air. I repeat till the cleaner stay clean.

If there is a better faster way please tell me.

Paint on
That's a great one too!

This is a tip I learned a while back, probably here, just thought I would pass it to some new members.View attachment 46310
Use a soft brush in your cup to loosen up and clean paint from your airbrush with your cleaner of choice. With wicked I use 4012 reducer. It's expensive but does a great job if you use it. I like my equipment clean, I never have issues with clogging or otherwise. It's an old habit from working with auto paint and 2k clears. I hope it helps someone as it has helped me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:sorry if this is in wrong place mods....should have put it in tips and tricks

For me its a big bucket of soapy dishwashing liquid water..Because I'm cheap LOL..Up the pressure..Dip the whole brush in blow thru, small bottle brush cleaner, quick swirl around in the cup tgo remove any left over paint, backflush, spray through some more whilst in the bucket (warmer water does also help) and normally done..ready for next color or to put down for the day..once a month or so I may disassemble for a deeper clean or if I forget I left paint in over night..Hot water will dissolve/dislodge.. some of the most stubborn paint and unlike prodct cleaners..tis free and reduces wear on tearing your gun down or the potential of loosing bits..but various tips and methods and most get the same end result..

Back