"Dremel" Electric Eraser

Y

yelloscoot

The batteries (2 AAA) were getting low in my brand new, barely used electric Sakura Electric Eraser ($35).

CAM03019.jpg

Then I remembered seeing a sale ad from Harbor Freight.
This is my solution to the battery problem:

CAM03027.jpg

This "Dremel" knock-off ($8 w/25% coupon), removed the chuck and collet (save collet for other bits in the set for other uses), inserted the eraser collet and replaced the chuck.....TaaDaa

These are corded with a supplied 12v/.5 amp wall adaptor. Just as light weight and easy to use as the battery operated.

Get replacement erasers and collets from from the Lobby. If you can't find the collets there, you can easily make your own.

Loren...Just trying to help in Dallas

Great ideal . Only down side may be the rpm's of the dremel. I know the knock off are not as high speed as the real deal , but just something to keep an eye on.
Yes the battery operated ones run through batteries pretty fast.

Yes, Micron. You are correct, it does get up to speed. I have worked with it just a little so far, with good results, while keeping and eye out. With such a low power motor it really doesn't take much to bog it down. If I see the speed becoming a problem, I may throw in a resistor or variable control to knock the power down some. It's an experiment now, but, so far so good. :wink-new:

Loren...In the Battery-Free Zone in Dallas

there are dremel knock offs out there that already have speed limiters on them. Just a different model then what you got. The one I got was from auto zone.

Yes, Micron. You are correct, it does get up to speed. I have worked with it just a little so far, with good results, while keeping and eye out. With such a low power motor it really doesn't take much to bog it down. If I see the speed becoming a problem, I may throw in a resistor or variable control to knock the power down some. It's an experiment now, but, so far so good. :wink-new:

Loren...In the Battery-Free Zone in Dallas

Mod them and market them and make money after you get the kinks worked out of it..

May have to look into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

great idea.. I use the sakura also poops on the newer helix IMO I already have a variable speed dremel and will deff. give this a try

I also have a "Real" Dremel, but the weight and size is an issue. If you are already using the Sakura, the HF dremel has almost the same feel and weight. As far as the power, you can easily stop it just by pinching down while at full spin. I've played with it some more, carefully, as Micron suggests. Just a light touch is all it takes.

I'll check my collection of spare adapters to see if I have one with a lower voltage output that will fit the same plug. Maybe down to 6 volts.

Loren...Enjoying a weekend of beautiful weather in Dallas.

Back