Finding the right length of needles.

Harveyshot

Young Tutorling
I kind of started in airbrushing back-a**wards. I bought a cheapie dual action, gravity fed airbrush on Amazon without really knowing what I needed. It's one of those with the little compressor attached to the bottom. I have used it and it seems to spray ok but I need to change the needle size. It came with a .3 and I need a .8. I bought a needle/nozzle kit (.3, .5, .8) on Amazon but the needles are too long. The one in my brush is about 4 3/4" and the ones in the kit are about 5 3/4". Nowhere can I find any info on needle LENGTHS. The kit also came with a wrench that doesn't fit anything on my brush.
I hope someone here can clarify what I need to do.
Tips on taking this thing apart would really help as well.
Thank you.
1696785837513.png

If the new needles fit in the brush with the back handle on the its all good, if not then just cut them down with a dremmel.

This vid might help, if there is any other help needed just holler :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, for that info. I didn't know cutting them down was an option. I also can't get the small nozzle piece off the larger nozzle piece. I have avoided using needle nose pliers, but I guess I'll try it. Everything looks so easily breakable. I need one of those tiny wrenches shown above.

I thought I'd show a pic of what I have. Nothing seems to match.

Attachments

• airbrush-equip.jpg
    airbrush-equip.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 16
This is the airbrush I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BY28N566/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
This is the kit I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1CJ15WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
But looking at the SAGUD parts, I'm trying to see the correlation to mine. I'm guessing the nozzle goes over the needle at the front. Where does the nozzle cap go? I'll see if I can find a video for this style. The ones I've found, aren't.
Like I said, going into this stuff with no idea of what I'm doing. Maybe just buy a different airbrush that has a more popular style.
Thanks for the help.

Could you post a close up of the head of your original parts please. It looks like your spares are for a compression fit style like the badger but i cannot tell which style your head is. It looks like it could be like a h+s. So those parts wont fit each other.

Could you post a close up of the head of your original parts please. It looks like your spares are for a compression fit style like the badger but i cannot tell which style your head is. It looks like it could be like a h+s. So those parts wont fit each other.
How's this?

Attachments

• airbrush-cap-01.jpg
    airbrush-cap-01.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 6
  • airbrush-cap-02.jpg
    airbrush-cap-02.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6
  • airbrush-cap-03.jpg
    airbrush-cap-03.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 7
The copper looking piece with a black washer on probably looks like this and needs to come out,
air02b.jpg
try lifting it out with a fingernail, gently pricing it out with something flat and thin, I am pretty sure they arent screwed in

Image007b2c.jpg

I thought it should come apart because of the two knurled sections but I looked at it under a magnifying glass and couldn't see a seam. I'll get two little needle nose pliers and try to separate them.
Ok, I got 'em apart and the nozzle came out. So now I need to look for this style of parts. I've seen them when searching for H&S as RK mentioned.
I guess that's all for now unless I'm overlooking something. You guys have been a big help. Thank you. I'm sure I'll be back.

Ok, I got 'em apart and the nozzle came out. So now I need to look for this style of parts. I've seen them when searching for H&S as RK mentioned.
I guess that's all for now unless I'm overlooking something. You guys have been a big help. Thank you. I'm sure I'll be back.
Back sooner than I thought. Here is a pic of my nozzle. I've searched high and low and cannot find anything that looks like it. All the ones I see screw in. Does anyone know where to find these?
I think it might be time to find another airbrush that uses more common parts.

Attachments

• airbrush-cap-04.jpg
    airbrush-cap-04.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 11
I cant find any either, to be honest if You were after a .8mm gun You might be better off with something like this

but if You can afford it then spend more, it also depends what you want to use brush for.

On the bartsharp website they talk of a nozzle like yours ie. It is smooth not grooved but i think you would need more measurements to know if its the right fit but they apparently pride themselves on their customer service.

That may be what you are after. Maybe email them.

Back