Flakes: what tip is right

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi guys and girls from sunny Greece!
The temperature has started to rise over here and reached today 25C (77F) and still early's March. We're going to have a hot summer this year...

Ok, so I got in my hands from a fellow car painter some flakes 0.2mm in various colours and was wondering what tip size is needed to spray them without a problem.
I know I can't and won't use them with the lph-80, but I also got a 1.4 and 1.8 cleapo guns. Will any of them do the job? And is there a preferable air pressure to use them with?

Going to experiment with them cause it's my 1st contact with flakes and I'd like to start applying them in small areas on my artwork just so people here make the first eye-contact with them. I'd like to hear your recommendations, cause there are many things that I probably never heard of.
Thanks

I would go for the 1.8, the 1.4 will probably do it ok but to be on the safe side the bigger setup will be better. Flake busters do work well @Dimitris

Show us a pic of your vintage flake buster Herb, i've only seen the modern ones.

Lee
It's just the Flake O matic 1000 which I think is still being made IMG_0997.jpg
I do remember seeing a mini flake buster adapter that fits on some airbrushes but it is for mini and micro flake.
This one I got off my cousin when he stopped painting cars in 1975 . I have 4 different jars that screw on the one in the picture is for small objects like motorcycle tins.

yep that is where I got the pic for mine cause I am lazy today and it is freaking cold out and I just did not feel like walking up to the big garage to go get it LOL . But yes the only thing they have changed on them is the old ones came with 4 jars sizes and the new ones only come with the one.
But what is that old saying if it ain't broke do screw with it LOL
The only for the airbrush says it only works on the one model of Masters AB

They're dry flakes Herb, and guess I'll be using the 18 setup jord. Took a look at that flakebuster, nice gun and saw a few vids...very convenient but will not do for me.

Back