grainy paint, missing pressure, etc.

S

Simon

Hey fellow artists! Like some of you might know,i recently had problems with my Infinity airbrush.
1. Pressure was low even with high psi on my compressor.
2. Paint was shooting grainy like crazy... Even super reduced.
3. Changed my seals for the valve unit, problems continued.

Anyway, i even contacted H&S division in U.S for help. I must thank Anke, who tried to help me the best he can, even ask me to send the airbrush to him so he can check it out himself. But this morning, i found the answer to my problems.
rsz_20150925_145026.jpg
I look in my airbrush body, they're is 2 holes. The "main Hole" where the needle pass trought and there's another small hole beside it, part of the air flow circuit. That one was blocked by paint even if it looked ok from the naked eye. Took a brush dipped in thinner and insert it that crack to free it from accumulated paint and crap that blocked the air to flow properly. Problems freakin' solved!
Yeah.. I feel kinda stupid to not have think of it sooner, even after doing airbrush for 8-9yrs. Rookies mistakes still can be made after this long, so if it ever happens to you, i hope my post will be the answer to your problems.
Take care of you friends,
Simon ;)

LOL, there's no better way to learn, like me now, everytime you do a full strip down checking that airway will be part of your service:thumbsup: and when you make such a discovery you don't forget it in a hurry:)

LOL, there's no better way to learn, like me now, everytime you do a full strip down checking that airway will be part of your service:thumbsup: and when you make such a discovery you don't forget it in a hurry:)

Hehe! Yeah... That, for sure i will never forget. I almost bought a new valve unit, and sell my new illustration colors. Now i can finally enjoy it and see why so many people like it compared to wicked and AA.

Glad your issue is resolved, make sure you mix illustration paint extremely well, I find it separates quickly compared to wicked

Back