Hello, from Indonesia

B

Birru

Hi all, I've been into this lure making hobby and recently it's getting more serious. So I invested in some cheap starter pack but adequate airbrush equipment. I believe I could find cool tips and tricks here.:thumbsup:

It's quite difficult in here to get a decent airbrush color. I even can't find transparent color sold locally, which will make my lure look so sweet, not to mention the price of regular opaque one. So my only option is using regular car paint, which I need a lot of know-how to reduce it, mix it, viscocity level, etc.

So if you could give me some boost start and pin point me in the right direction, will be much apreciated.

;)

Welcome to the forum,Depending on what your looking for I would still use water based paints due to the health hazards of car paint (not good to inhale at all) You should be able to order some on line If not you can use some craft paints just have to thin them and filter them to get all the bigger pigments from going into the airbrush and causing clogging,Watch some of airbrush tutors U-tube videos to get you started,

Yes thank you, I'm still searching for better alternatif though, and yes, using acrylic color and thin them down did cross in mind. But in the end if I do use car paint I'll make sure it's well ventilated area and wear a quality filter mask.

Just making sure you know about the auto paint:thumbsup: The craft paint was what I started painting lures with and it worked,only had a few prob. with them clogging the airbrush , If you look in my Gallery I have a few picture of the lures I've painted

Love your sweet lure :love:, especially the foiled one. Transparent/candy color over holographic/aluminium foil is definitely what I aim for.

Love your sweet lure :love:, especially the foiled one. Transparent/candy color over holographic/aluminium foil is definitely what I aim for.
Thanks there really pretty easy to foil and paint with transparent paints,Send me your email and ill send you a how to if you want?I'm going to try doing one in gold leaf and see if it works well

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome,

@basepaint , Yes I would love to, already give you my email address, please check you P.Post :thumbsup:

Back