Hello from Luxembourg

Johnny_mazzei

Young Tutorling
Hi everybody,
I'm Johnny from Luxembourg, a small contry in the centre of Europe.
I'm new in the art of airbrush, the only thing I know how is how to paint a car which I learned.
So I know a lot about it, but when it comes to airbrush it is hard to get some answers about it here in the couttry and even supplies. Nobody knows and when they think they do it is all wrong. Some example with the Tamya colors here in the coutry tells you to thin it just with X20 and they dont even know that the X20-A exist (When I asked they told me it is the same). Or with the Createx colors I asked for a product to thin it and the response was like: Yeah I've heard they have a product for it but i don't have it, all guy i know thin it with normal water.
About the compressor they sell you the ''not recomended no tank indoor cheap compressor'' for about 160USD.
So I must work a lot with ebay.....
I am using/trying inside my appartement to ''paint'' but i can't use a 10L tank inside because of the noise.
I've tryied from a friend the cheap compressor without tank but it sucks!
So my first question would be, is recomanded to use the cheap compressor with tank for inside in sessions of 1 to 2 hours max for the start?

Thank you for every help i can get and all the usefull responses

Welcome here. I had some friends that lived in Luxembourg.

If you have some money look for a Bambi compressor. They are as quiet/noisy as your fridge. Stay away from Createx Colors, meaning the textile colours. Get Wicked, Wicked Detail or Illustration colours. Being so close to Germany you should be able to get Schminke Aerocolour as well.

Hi Johnny. "Hello from Luxemburg" makes me think of the Eurovision Song Contest lol.

Even though I'm in the UK, I have to get all my stuff online too. What kind of airbrushing are you doing? Models? Shirts, art ?

Unfortunately "cheap" and "quiet" compressors don't go together. Brands to look for are Silair, Junair, Iwata, Bambi. But unless you can find a used one they are not cheap. The alternative is to build a sound proof box - being careful of airflow, for a noisy compressor, or if you are clever, replace the noisy motor, with fridge motor/s.

Hey there, welcome from New Zealand. Foxy Art Studio's in the Netherlands, or lion-art would be great places to get some good answers. They know their stuff.

Hey there. I live in Luxembourg. When it comes to equipment you should know a bit what you want to do with it first then try to get it. Unfortunately for decent gear you have to stay away from the cheap stuff, after that it doesn't has to be the most expensive things either. Compressors you find more often used from people who don't continue or lost interest. But quiet, decent power and an air tank still costs a little bit. There are no good shops in Luxembourg from what I know.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Johnny! :) I love my Iwata Power Jet Pro Compressor. I have two (one is a backup). Then I have a regular pancake compressor for bigger projects and then a big compressor for painting real large pieces. But, if you plan to do T-shirts or illustration work the small compressors will be enough.

Welcome to the forum Johnny, Everything has been said pretty much, small tankless compressors are ok for short sessions but get hot too quickly. Foxy and Lion-Art in Holland are brilliant and will see you ok. Happy painting.

Lee

Hey there. I live in Luxembourg. When it comes to equipment you should know a bit what you want to do with it first then try to get it. Unfortunately for decent gear you have to stay away from the cheap stuff, after that it doesn't has to be the most expensive things either. Compressors you find more often used from people who don't continue or lost interest. But quiet, decent power and an air tank still costs a little bit. There are no good shops in Luxembourg from what I know.

Hi there, awsome to know that I'm not alone in Luxembourg haha.
Where do you buy your colors? I'm looking to do a little bit of textile but mostly cars and bikes

Thank you all for the welcome and help. I'm happy to see that I'm on the correct forum. Of course I've forgot to mentioned what I was looking to do in the future. I was looking to do some littering for cars and bikes but also a little bit of textile. First textile maybe to learn. But for the colors would like to try to find directly the correct use and thining for cars and bikes. That is the trickiest part of it here in the country. For the compressor I was looking to a Sil air 20a on ebay in a really good deal. Does anybody has experience with it?

And for the airbrush, is the iwata neo a good start or a wrong investment ?

Last edited:
Hello again.

I Buy my colors at the Internet, all tough you can get schminke colors at Cactus and the Boesner in perl has schminke and golden airbrush colors (good place to get stuff in geberal). There are a lot of good colors around, just I would stay away from the createx standard that they sell for example in steinhäuser
If you need more info just let me know. You can find me at Facebook under m3ntalo airbrush.

Greetings, René

Back