Hello from Raleigh NC

Vince Driver

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hi. Totally new to airbrushing,actually still waiting for my stuff to arrive. Bought a cheaper setup to give it a try before going in full bore. Have a habit of going in and then losing interest on some things in the past. Hoping this one will be different for me due to the creativity. Looking for all the help I can get.

Hey there welcome from New Zealand. Ask what you need. We generally recommend beginners avoid cheap kits like the plague but sometimes they work. Make sure you get paint designed for airbrush.

Welcome from Australia.
once your kit arrives you'll no doubt have 101 questions.
What kit did you get ?

give the brush a good clean, remove the needle, clean that as well, then reseat it and tighten the nut.
spray some water through it to remove any lingering manufacturing lube...

Food colouring in the brush onto absorbant paper is good to test out the brush and get warmed up before you spend to many $$ on paint you may not use.
Kids colouring in books are great to get a feel for the world of airbrushing, helps 'get your eye in' to where the paint lands on the paper and they have simple outlines and are printed on absorbent paper which makes life easier too. They're also good for practising blends to get a 3D look going on.

Hey that's a great idea on the coloring book. Never even crossed my mind. I have printed out some sheets with the grid's for following lines and connecting the dots too.

Hey that's a great idea on the coloring book. Never even crossed my mind. I have printed out some sheets with the grid's for following lines and connecting the dots too.
the colouring books can be bought from the dollar shops too. ... bonus LOL.
Printer paper can be a little unforgiving so if you wind up getting 'spiders' (where the paint skates across the paper) then reduce the pressure to the point where the paint is still flowing well but you are still in control of the paint. you may need to reduce the paint a little more if you reduce the pressure.

once you get started, and you get frustrated (almost compulsory) then start a thread and pop up a picture and ask away. We're a friendly bunch and will help you out if you are genuine in your mission to learn.

So, thought I'd be practicing by now but..... Received my first airbrush setup yesterday and after unboxing all of it realized that no one packed an airbrush in it. I have compressor,paint,hose and tools but no brush. Talk about a let down.

LOL, while you're waiting for the brush to arrive, you can shake the paint, then shake it some more....... its probably been sitting for awhile.

Back