HOBBY MIO HM-230

It looks mostly like an H&S copy with a Grex Tritium nozzle. I wonder if it is made by Densei Air? They make several models that look very similar, and offer branding with small quantities.

It looks mostly like an H&S copy with a Grex Tritium nozzle. I wonder if it is made by Densei Air? They make several models that look very similar, and offer branding with small quantities.
Maybe it has good quality I hope they copied the best qualities of H&S and Grex brushes.

It does look very similar. Sparmax are known for their compressors so that makes sense that being the main line of business. I do like the sparmax and neo brushes so this may be a good brush too.

@Mitya Ka you out there? This was just delivered this morning ;) -

DSC_3804.jpg

For sure made in China. There is a lot that is Grex knock off, just not the same quality. The nozzle is the same as the Grex, but not as well made - close, but no cigar. They are interchangeable, though. However, nozzle and/or air caps are not interchangeable with one another. Needles are very similar, even having the same end markings for size. The brush atomizes well at large needle openings, but is very choked off at small openings, or low pressure. I opened up the exit bore on the nozzle cap within about ten minutes of use... works better now. Being aluminum bodied, it is very light. Trigger/air valve and needle seem to be fairly light, and easy to manipulate. I need to work with it more before I can say if I would recommend it to anyone beyond being a novelty - especially at the asking price. There are a lot of inexpensive Asian brushes that seem to work fairly.

@Mitya Ka you out there? This was just delivered this morning ;) -

View attachment 88659

For sure made in China. There is a lot that is Grex knock off, just not the same quality. The nozzle is the same as the Grex, but not as well made - close, but no cigar. They are interchangeable, though. However, nozzle and/or air caps are not interchangeable with one another. Needles are very similar, even having the same end markings for size. The brush atomizes well at large needle openings, but is very choked off at small openings, or low pressure. I opened up the exit bore on the nozzle cap within about ten minutes of use... works better now. Being aluminum bodied, it is very light. Trigger/air valve and needle seem to be fairly light, and easy to manipulate. I need to work with it more before I can say if I would recommend it to anyone beyond being a novelty - especially at the asking price. There are a lot of inexpensive Asian brushes that seem to work fairly.
Dave congratulations on the new airbrush. It looks beautiful. Looking forward to your feedback and recommendations :)

Back