Nada's Iwata

I swapped the spring from another airbrush already, gonna play with it maybe, its almost where i like it. After some superlube and a break in its smoother. That glidecoat on the krome is amazing though. The press for air is not stiff at all, maybe they changed them. Very similiar to my chinese one.

It Can spray lower air pressure than my krome, so im impressed so far. Might sell the krome and try out that olympos.

I cancelled my back-ordered Krome when I bought the CS and MP-200 the other day. I really wanted to keep all 3 of them, but it seemed like overkill to me. Gotta be careful around here. I think "AAD" is contagious. Everything starts to look like a deal you just can't pass up. @jagardn, am I right? ;)

Well here is to the new ompressor lasting 20 years:D
Its going back today, I thought porter cable made decent stuff, but Its rattling taking longer than id like to fill etc, wish I had some time to build a diy silent. Hell ive tossed out a lot of refrigerant pumps.

I cancelled my back-ordered Krome when I bought the CS and MP-200 the other day. I really wanted to keep all 3 of them, but it seemed like overkill to me. Gotta be careful around here. I think "AAD" is contagious. Everything starts to look like a deal you just can't pass up. @jagardn, am I right? ;)
The Krome is a pretty amazing brush, and I have yet to pick jp a brush with a trigger as smooth as it has. It has served me well, not a regret one in the purchase. I bought it from @jgardner

Then there's the cost of the divorce, the lawsuits from the homeowners association, and selling the house at a loss...

The Krome is a pretty amazing brush, and I have yet to pick jp a brush with a trigger as smooth as it has. It has served me well, not a regret one in the purchase. I bought it from @jgardner

The Krome is the smoothest trigger you've tried, man, you should really buy a....ok, I'll shut up now. ;)

The Krome is a great brush, I just found ones I liked better. All personal preference.

It was a tough decision, but, given my noob status, I've already got too many airbrushes to justify. o_O

The Krome is the smoothest trigger you've tried, man, you should really buy a....ok, I'll shut up now. ;)

The Krome is a great brush, I just found ones I liked better. All personal preference.
Say it ! Say it we always need a new addict for the group meetings to bring the doughnuts:D

Then there's the cost of the divorce, the lawsuits from the homeowners association, and selling the house at a loss...
homeowners asses , sounds like yuppy ville to me , Glad I still live where I can do what the hell I want on property I bought and not some damn yuppy trying to tell me what to do.

Say it ! Say it we always need a new addict for the group meetings to bring the doughnuts:D
He doesnt have to encourage me.. Hi my name is Bill, im an addict less than 18 hours since my last purchase.. As a matter of fact i had 3 airbrush related purchases yesterday.

Its going back today, I thought porter cable made decent stuff, but Its rattling taking longer than id like to fill etc, wish I had some time to build a diy silent. Hell ive tossed out a lot of refrigerant pumps.

Is there already a post on building a DIY silent compressor? I built one from scratch for less than $100 and would be happy to put up a post with a detailed parts list including tips on where and how to get the parts for cheap.

Here's a pic of my current compressor:

ess1427638712688-1.jpg
It has a 3 gallon tank and works perfect for my needs, but I plan to build a bigger one with two or three pumps soon.

Is there already a post on building a DIY silent compressor? I built one from scratch for less than $100 and would be happy to put up a post with a detailed parts list including tips on where and how to get the parts for cheap.

View attachment 35596
It has a 3 gallon tank and works perfect for my needs, but I plan to build a bigger one with two or three pumps soon.
What do you ha e your pressure switch set at?

Hey, PM.
This one looks a lot like mine!
I bought a cheap [ yeah, shoulda known better! ] Stanley compressor from a local hardware store that had a 12 volt motor and was not quite as noisy as the GMC one I was using at the time.
It ran for like 3-4 months then clapped out - bummer.
It was the solenoid that died, but I couldn't get a replacement from Stanley.
I decided that, because there just happened to be a dead 'fridge out in the yard, I'd scavenge the compressor and replace the dead motor on the piece of junk one I had.
Best thing I ever did, I reckon.
Silent, quick and portable - what more can I want?
Well..... a lot less flutter would have been nice, so I fixed it by adding a small settling tank, water trap and regulator unit!
All sweet now.

View attachment 35596
There is indeed a thread about home made compressor, made by @ad fez in the airbrush compressor section.

Back