Newbie from Georgia

A

ace184

Hi everyone,

My name is Jon. I am 29 and from Augusta, GA. I am completely new into airbrushing and painting in general. But have always been intrigued by it. Since I have been having some health issues and unable to do the type of work I like/am used to, I figured now was as good a time as any to start. I would eventually like to make some side money or a career out of it, but for right now, I am content with being able to make things for my son and other family members. Simple tshirts, paintings, stuff like that. But eventually want to get into wildlife portraits. I have been watching videos and tutorials for over a month now, but until I get the airbrush in my hand, I'll never know. I recently ordered an Iwata Revolution cr with the TC828 compressor. I plan to hit the ground hard running when it gets here next week. Like I said, I am completely new to all this. So I am open to any and everything. It would be great to meet others in the area to get some in person help as well.

Welcome to the forum from NH.

Best advice at first is to get ready for a learning curve, practice 5 times more than you think you have to, and instead of thinking your equipment is malfunctioning, ask questions so we can all steer you through the first few common hurdles.

Remember to enjoy it. Walk away when frustrated at first. Then get back to it and kick its a$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome Jon I to am in Georgia but in the Newnan area. This place is great for inspiration and how to's and everyone is willing to help

welcome great folks on here,, lots of folks to ask questions... live and learn

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:angel:

Hey Jon, welcome from the UK. As soon as that brush gets here start doing the exercises, and do them til your eyes bleed and your finger's about ready to drop off. Once you have them licked you'll be able to tackle anything. Be prepared to get frustrated by not having the paint flow you want at first,and until you get your paint mix and pressure right, you won't have the control you want either. The second time you use your brush will show if you cleaned it properly, if it's not performing the same it will usually be due to paint left in the nozzle (even if it doesn't look like it) It's the same for virtually everyone, so don't turn your AB into a javelin in disgust, just shout out here and someone will get you on the right track. Post up pics of your efforts to help people advise you. Good luck.

Hello and welcome from PA, I agree with Squishy and Wmlepage .... just PRACTICE, do a warm up before you start to paint, remember that the more detail you want the closer to the work you will be which means thinner paint and lower pressure. Thinner paint means lighter color so that means more layers hard surfaces will tend to splatter / spider the paint where as absorbent materials can take more paint and higher pressures.

Thank you all for the welcome. I was able to get out today and pick up an easel, creatix wicked paint, and newsprint(which will be just for practice.) I have a friend who builds armor for cosplay, he said to just run basic rubbing alcohol through to clean the brush because that's essentially what the cleaner is, and it is a lot cheaper. Any recommendations on how much pressure/thinner to use with the wicked paint? Thanks. On a side note, I also watched The Grandmaster, loved it.

Thank you all for the welcome. I was able to get out today and pick up an easel, creatix wicked paint, and newsprint(which will be just for practice.) I have a friend who builds armor for cosplay, he said to just run basic rubbing alcohol through to clean the brush because that's essentially what the cleaner is, and it is a lot cheaper. Any recommendations on how much pressure/thinner to use with the wicked paint? Thanks. On a side note, I also watched The Grandmaster, loved it.

Hello and welcome from PA, While AB cleaners are and personal choice most do not recommend Isopropal alcohol but recommend using the manufacturers brand for the paint you use or plain water or a mix of water,windex that does not contain vinegar or ammonia. If you clean brushes regularly you shouldn't have the need for any harsh chemicals. Also with not knowing what type of brush you have , if it has rubber seal / O-rings certain chemicals can prematurely break them down.

Back