SHORT FUR

CHÉRIE

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hey guys :D
So since trying to figure out fur I think I have gotten better slowly. But I only know tricks on how to do longer fur, as seen by my Wolf I posted yesterday :D But I'm trying to figure out how to do shorter fur, like around the nose area etc. Do I have to use the pick thingy for that? And how do I? And do I do it when the paint is still wet? Are there other tricks as well? :p

Just shorten your stroke..Its the same movement as long fur realistically but just shorten the time you pull back on the ink/paint, its kinda more a pulsing action on the pull back whlst swinging....You can make stencils or scratch/erase but that for me can also look to harsh, especially for the underlayers of fur where most the magic of depth happens, but they can also look effective done with a scratching or erasing technique but can be easily painted in too..Its how you layer the paint that in many cases creates the realistic effects..Good luck

I think Cheryl did the a Tiger picture you can see how she scratched in the hair on it's nose as she progressed on the picture.

Thank you for all the advice guys! :D

Just shorten your stroke..Its the same movement as long fur realistically but just shorten the time you pull back on the ink/paint, its kinda more a pulsing action on the pull back whlst swinging....You can make stencils or scratch/erase but that for me can also look to harsh, especially for the underlayers of fur where most the magic of depth happens, but they can also look effective done with a scratching or erasing technique but can be easily painted in too..Its how you layer the paint that in many cases creates the realistic effects..Good luck
Ok, I am going to try practice it the way I'm doing it, just shorter strokes :D

See that...reason why I wont do animals lol
:p I am determined to do them just because I am intimidated by the fur, and too obsessed with skulls at the moment :D

I think Cheryl did the a Tiger picture you can see how she scratched in the hair on it's nose as she progressed on the picture.
I will have a look thank you :D

stick to the way your doing it, looks real. you can't scratch on all surfaces so your's is the better option
Ok I will practice this way more :D

Back