For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Solvent and water based brushes

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by Joe T, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Joe T

Joe T Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

so, can you use the same airbrush for both solvent and WB airbrush paints? I assume if you clean well it won’t be an issue.

Also on cleaning, on the eclipse cs what are the best brushes to use for cleaning. After seeing that cleaning video on another thread it’s time for me to get a bit mor detailed on my cleaning habits.

As always, thanks a million

Joe
    HellBird likes this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

If you have an eclipse it should have ptfe seals so you sill be fine spraying solvents, I would just rinse out with water after you have cleaned it to remove any solvent that was left in the brush. It wont matter if you use both types of paint through it. Just a good clean at the end. The best brushes are those really fine inter dental ones for your teeth and an old small stiff'ish paintbrush for the cup, along with lint free cloth or towel, you can use cotton buds/qtips but be careful you don't get fluff off them in your airbrush.

Lee
    HellBird and Joe T like this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

I use both all the time between all my airbrushes , But before switching from one to another they get a full cleaning to ensure nothing is left behind.
    It is not so much an issue going from Water based to urethane but the other way around can cause problems.
    Joe T and HellBird like this.
  4. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I only use hog hair artist brushes to clean my guns. I do not us any of those tiny nylon brushes near any of my guns.