Stencil cutter

The key is the software, not the cutter. My razorcut has a trace function which works well. You. Are vectorizing an image to make it useable by a cutter/plotter. I'm not equipped to explain the process, but I do know that I can pull down most images and convert to vectors, then cut. There are other software packages that do this, just never had the need to try them. I don't usually work with photos, just shapes.

The key is the software, not the cutter. My razorcut has a trace function which works well. You. Are vectorizing an image to make it useable by a cutter/plotter. I'm not equipped to explain the process, but I do know that I can pull down most images and convert to vectors, then cut. There are other software packages that do this, just never had the need to try them. I don't usually work with photos, just shapes.
Can you tell me what cutter comes with razorcut? And which model you have and how you like it? Thanks

RazorCut comes with the Titan 3 from US Cutter. Most, if not all cutters come with software. Cameo, Cricut & Brother machines all come with software. UTube has loads of videos, some of which deal specifically with software usage. Grab a bowl of popcorn & a beverage and pig out on UTube. Check with people you know, someone might have a cutter that you could watch in operation. Do the research before you buy. Hope I have been some help. I looked around for at least 6 months before I bought mine. US Cutter has a forum which might prove interesting for you...

RazorCut comes with the Titan 3 from US Cutter. Most, if not all cutters come with software. Cameo, Cricut & Brother machines all come with software. UTube has loads of videos, some of which deal specifically with software usage. Grab a bowl of popcorn & a beverage and pig out on UTube. Check with people you know, someone might have a cutter that you could watch in operation. Do the research before you buy. Hope I have been some help. I looked around for at least 6 months before I bought mine. US Cutter has a forum which might prove interesting for you...
Which model did you buy? I have watched so many reviews, I nail it down to one then start seeing some bad reviews, still trying to decide which one to get. Thanks for the help.

I have the 15" model. At times, I wish I had gone 28", but space was a concern at the time of purchase. So far, the 15" has done everything I've needed. Before I bought it, I had considered the Cricut or Cameo, but, they seemed too light for my needs and plans for the future. They could only handle cut sheets, 10" vinyl which would have been very limiting. Now, 4 years later, they have changed and I believe roll feeds are available. I'm semi-retired and I don't advertise. Word of mouth keeps me busy enough. My cutter & heat press have paid for themselves. When I bought them, that was the goal. Think about your needs, if you are planning on commercial applications, go bigger, if it's for personal use, no need to go for a big ass Roland or Graphtec. Your budget, needs & plans should guide your purchase...

I have the 15" model. At times, I wish I had gone 28", but space was a concern at the time of purchase. So far, the 15" has done everything I've needed. Before I bought it, I had considered the Cricut or Cameo, but, they seemed too light for my needs and plans for the future. They could only handle cut sheets, 10" vinyl which would have been very limiting. Now, 4 years later, they have changed and I believe roll feeds are available. I'm semi-retired and I don't advertise. Word of mouth keeps me busy enough. My cutter & heat press have paid for themselves. When I bought them, that was the goal. Think about your needs, if you are planning on commercial applications, go bigger, if it's for personal use, no need to go for a big ass Roland or Graphtec. Your budget, needs & plans should guide your purchase...
Thanks for all the great help, I am still researching.

I'm learning too, with new machine and software. So far the software with cameo looks pretty good. Messed around with a simple design. It's very thin, not sure if it will cut it. All experience and tests

I'm learning too, with new machine and software. So far the software with cameo looks pretty good. Messed around with a simple design. It's very thin, not sure if it will cut it. All experience and tests
The Cameo is one I am looking at plus others. Let me know how you like it. Thanks

I love my Cameo...if you need to know anything, please ask. If I can, I will help.

First made design, then used oracal 813 to make three different stencils. The crosshairs stencil went over the black base first. Then white base. Then I did the skulls, grass, dirt and sky. Laid out the letters stencil too low, sprayed candy Red for them, then the target stencil with grey. Taped off and did the outer edges with rough shapes

First made design, then used oracal 813 to make three different stencils. The crosshairs stencil went over the black base first. Then white base. Then I did the skulls, grass, dirt and sky. Laid out the letters stencil too low, sprayed candy Red for them, then the target stencil with grey. Taped off and did the outer edges with rough shapes
Great job, thanks for the info.

Back