Total Newb

B

Beast30

Hi everyone, I've just recently gotten into AB. I decided to finally get into airbrushing to paint RC car bodies but quickly learned there are many more uses then just that. I self taught myself how to spray automotive paint last year with hvlp gun. I just wanted to say Hi, and look forward to learning more in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey there, welcome from New Zealand. What part of the world are you in? What sort of toys do you have...?

Hey there, welcome from New Zealand. What part of the world are you in? What sort of toys do you have...?
Hi Mark, I live in Minnesota..USA. Right now I just have a heavily modded Traxxas Slash 4x4. But always looking for more. I've been out of the hobby for 25+ years so I'm learning the new technology after many years away. I worked in New Zealand for about a year back in 2005.. beautiful country! Where at in NZ are you located?

Hi Mark, I live in Minnesota..USA. Right now I just have a heavily modded Traxxas Slash 4x4. But always looking for more. I've been out of the hobby for 25+ years so I'm learning the new technology after many years away. I worked in New Zealand for about a year back in 2005.. beautiful country! Where at in NZ are you located?

Grew up in Hamilton and now living in Auckland. :)

Welcome to the group. You should just go ahead and get an eclipse now if you got the money. That's what I use and love it. Great workhorse.

Welcome to the group. You should just go ahead and get an eclipse now if you got the money. That's what I use and love it. Great workhorse.
I assume the eclipse hp-cs?

i would say yes, thats the one he was refering to, its one that most of us would recommend as a starter brush.
Sweet! Curious as to what brush is most popular for use by professionals?

Sweet! Curious as to what brush is most popular for use by professionals?

I would say from what i've seen here
your pros usually have a whole collection of different brushes but
Probably just about anything Iwata except the revolutions (not picking on you). eclipse, hp plus, or custom micron series (micron seems to be the "gold standard") are all popular.
Followed by Badgers and H+S infinities.
Badgers seem more popular more outside of illustration purposes (t-shirts,modeling, auto)
Theres a whole thread though with a survey

the eclipse hp-cs is a good workhorse as Jonathon has said,
even when you get microns and more microns, its still a great all round brush, capable of some decent detail (with practise) as well as broader coverage for background etc.
If you asked most 'professionals' if they could only have two Iwata brushes which ones would they pick, the HP-cs would be one of them

Back