airbrush-fengda.co.uk

B

Blue13

Anyone in the UK had any experience with this company? Someone one facebook just suggested it to me.

If your starting out and are serious about airbrushing, you should stay away from it, their airbrushes and compressors are poorly constructed oriental knock-offs which will serve only to cause you grief.

If your looking for equipment that is low cost (as opposed to cheap) you would do better to look at some of the lower range big names such as Iwata, Harder & Steenbeck or Badger, choosing from any of these means whatever you but carries a guarantee as well as readily available parts.

The choice is yours, you can pay half and throw your money away, or you can pay a little more and actually save money in the long run, be clever and run it by the guys first before you spend.

The Mad man speaks much wisdom.

Basically " been there done that, trying to keep others from doing it too".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a this brand gun. If you starting to airbrush then its goog for practice to learn how to clean a gun etc. But for serious work its not

Odoslané z GT-I9300 pomocou Tapatalku

As my dad would often say "buy the best you can afford for now, and look for something better later, when you can. "
Has always served me well.

Hi,
you might have already made you purchase, nevertheless I can share a positive experience with Fenga airbrush. Of course they are not German or Japanese quality, but the served me well, good for starters for sure. Spare parts whenever I needed were available. I have moved on thought...

Fengda are probably the best of the Chinese brand airbrushes and for the money they are ok if you have the time and skill to customise them a bit eg: polishing the needle, adjusting the air spring, the list goes on. They are about 35 UK pounds on average. I personally would suggest getting one of the big brand names, Iwata, Harder Steenbeck, Badger, Paasche.
You may have to spend a little more money on them but there's no messing about to get the best out of them. They spray right out of the box as they should.

My 2 pennies worth.

Lee

As has already been said buy the best you can afford from a brand named brush. Even if you get a "good" cheap one, that works reasonably well, they are usually so poorly made that you will be fighting it to get it to work consistently, and won't be confident whether it's your inexperience or the brush that's the issue, and it will really affect your learning. Also the parts won't hold up, and nozzles and needles will be soft and easily damaged. It may seem that cheap is the best option, especially when you don't want to spend out a lot when you aren't sure if you'll like it, but it is a false economy. You will be spending more on replacement parts, and will probably upgrade and spend more anyway. And buying cheap is more likely to cause frustration and stop you enjoying learning to ABing anyway. Although don't get me wrong, there are times you may get frustrated anyway, but that's what we're here for Lol.

Have a look at some of the options and before you buy any equipment, ask the forum's opinion. Everyone has their personal favourites so there may be a bit of bias toward one brush or another, but you won't get steered in the wrong direction, and make sure you aren't wasting money on something that might not be ideal to what you need.

If you could give more info about the type of painting you would like to do, it will help people guide you towards a suitable type, whether gravity or siphon fed, and a good nozzle size. Then we will be able to advise on what paint might suit. If you haven't got a compressor yet, then again ask for opinions, but look at something that has a storage tank and uses oil. One without a tank will pulse, and is no good, and will run constantly, and without oil will overheat and stop working.

Fengda are probably the best of the Chinese brand airbrushes and for the money they are ok if you have the time and skill to customise them a bit eg: polishing the needle, adjusting the air spring, the list goes on. They are about 35 UK pounds on average. I personally would suggest getting one of the big brand names, Iwata, Harder Steenbeck, Badger, Paasche.
You may have to spend a little more money on them but there's no messing about to get the best out of them. They spray right out of the box as they should.

My 2 pennies worth.

Lee

Sound advice lee, I have four of these brushes although they have another name(Black Bull), I don't have any problem with them and they even performed better than my Evolution ever did, but because it has always been in my job description, I was able to tune them and get them to perform at a level that is acceptable for me, they all have a tendency to clog within a very short time but since I only use them for smaller items such noses and eyes and such they do what I want.

One has a 0.8 nozzle and needle which makes it pretty rugged and i use that one for clearing or priming/filling large areas with thicker paints.

I get them to work reasonably well only because I have some experience with every kind of spray equipment that exists, but I strongly recommend that beginners stay away from them if they don'y have similar experience behind them, I had no end of problems with the Evolution and no matter what I did or what experience I had, it continued to let me down, so I know first hand what the frustration can do to a person and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Note that to get them to perform as I wish I have to strip them after every use, whereas I do that with my Neo once in four months or after a long period of not being used.

My very strong advice is as lee said stick with a good brand name.

Yep I agree Madbrush, I also have one of them still. I've messed about with it to get them painting the way I like it and it performs ok. But most of the time you have to mess with them while your painting to keep them going well.

HI jord001.

I agree with you about the japanise brands, but as fahr as I know these are most time more then double price then fengda products...ANd for the beginners is always better to practise with quality products, but not as expensice as the top brand name...

I actually saying that, because is my cause. I started a while ago, but then I kind of didnt really have a time to continue, ( we have moved, so wasnt really time..) so I had a big breik from doing airbrush and I started to miss that..so maybe is a time to start it again.

Hi, Squirrel.
Remember the old saying - "You only get what you pay for!"
This is particularly true of Airbrush tools.
Quality is what you're buying, please remember that, it will help enormously with your art.

Back