Airbrush issues

I

Inkster

Hey guys just wondering hats the best way to clean the small cone needle tips as on both my patriot and krome i cannot get a fine spray pattern as it ratherwont come out or will all at once or if i thin more its way over reduced and will puddle or lose pigment

i do believe the tip is layed with a skin of paint i cant seem to get it out

and or whats the best way in general to remove all hardened pint from your airbrush

thanks in advance

Because I dont have restorer, I use a needle (sewing needle) just carefully swirl it around in the cap. But I also try not to let it get that bad anymore lol

Denatured alcohol or Airbrush Restorer(made by Createx) . Soak the nozzle in it for 20 minutes to an hour , As Michele said use a sewing needle or the needle from the air brush to help remove the dried paint inside.

You can also whittle down a toothpick so it's thin enough to go through the end of the nozzle.
Before you start cleaning, put the nozzle into some airbrush cleaning solution and let it soak, at the same time put your whittled down toothpick end in some airbrush cleaning solution so the wood soaks it up a bit. Once both parts have had time to soak, say 30mins or so, take the toothpick and VERY gently put it into the nozzle and slowly twist it around and pull it back and forth a bit so the softened wood starts to take off any paint. Do this a few times till it's clean.
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK OFF THE TIP OF THE TOOTHPICK IN THE NOZZLE TIP!!!
I find this method works for me but I don't need to do it often because I always clean my nozzle with an artists hairy paintbrush dipped in cleaning solution after I finish painting. Keeping the airbrush clean is a lot easier than cleaning a dirty airbrush :)
Good luck!
Cheers Mel

hey guys cheers for the answers the problem i notice even when trying to clean the bottom of the cup is wicked seems to dry to a latex skin which is very hard to remove (i think) and i was wondering would universal 2k thinners work without damaging the brush as i have 10l of that stuff lol

hey guys cheers for the answers the problem i notice even when trying to clean the bottom of the cup is wicked seems to dry to a latex skin which is very hard to remove (i think) and i was wondering would universal 2k thinners work without damaging the brush as i have 10l of that stuff lol

The thinner should not hurt the brush being they are designed to shoot urethane. I have not tried using it to clean out wicked.

The thinner should not hurt the brush being they are designed to shoot urethane. I have not tried using it to clean out wicked.

thanks bud i thought that just wanted others opinions before i tried it thinners can melt away waterbased paint that i found

so will give it a try and get back to yas

thanks bud i thought that just wanted others opinions before i tried it thinners can melt away waterbased paint that i found

so will give it a try and get back to yas

Sounds good and if it works I have plenty of thinner..:D

I've moved away from the toothpick and now use a liner brush. Soak it in cleaner and push it in a twirl it around. Works 100%.

I've moved away from the toothpick and now use a liner brush. Soak it in cleaner and push it in a twirl it around. Works 100%.

Hi AndreZA, what's a liner brush? Would my hairy artists paintbrush do? Any chance of a photo of your liner brush so I know what I'm looking for?
Cheers Mel

Kool thanks mel

Also update on using thinners and all I can say is my patriot was soaked in dry paint that had to be scraped off after soacking the parts in 2k thinner the paint lifted I left mine in for around 15-20 minutes
It worked a treat paint just rubbed off and now my patriot runs like new

I do have pics but will have to upload when on the laptop

Kool thanks mel

Also update on using thinners and all I can say is my patriot was soaked in dry paint that had to be scraped off after soacking the parts in 2k thinner the paint lifted I left mine in for around 15-20 minutes
It worked a treat paint just rubbed off and now my patriot runs like new

I do have pics but will have to upload when on the laptop

Well now we know and I will give it a go.. Thanks for the up date.

Back