greeting from southern us

K

kaos ink

Hi everyone . I've been away from airbrushing for a while picked it back up as an outlet for art I don't get to do as a tattoo artist. I have 2 badger patriots (one has a superfine setup I believe it's a .28) and a royal max 180 I picked up for giggles.I use golden high flow acrylics on gesso board I make and sand myself. I'm very interested in biorganic art (alla guy atchison) and am trying to figure out what kinda order I should go color. I usually sketch out stuff then go into it with get for initial depth mapping. But it always looks dark and rigid not soft and flowy. Should I go in and map everything in color first and then add gray to bring out depth. I'm trying mostly frrehand. I just hate stencils they seem like it's to much planning .not enough feeling I guess anyway I have a big 5 gallant compressor and break down color with a 50/50 mix of golden airbrush medium and water with a few drops of jet dry to keep tip dry at bay as long as possible. Again I'm very happy to be here. And any advice will be greatly appreciated.

welcome from Australia,
we have several artists here who will be able to assist you with your questions re how to proceed with you colour works

can I suggest you go to your profile page and fill out the 'location' - that way it shows up under your avatar and its easier for us to guide you to local suppliers or what ever else you need.

Welcome home Kaos Ink.
Well I usually map everything out lightly , then build the colors over different layers of color.

Back