Hi There from HAK

H

HotAirKustoms

Just a quick intro. Some people on here may already know me from the other ab forum which is shutting down.
I am a Pro ab'er and tutor.
Sponsored by badger but realised that earning a living from what was a hobby you enjoy, takes the fun and pleasure from it, so i have gone back to having it just as a hobby. This also leaves me free to help others. If i can help i will just drop me a pm and i will do what i can to help. I use a variety of weapons which include Sotars, Renagades and Antems (all Badger). I have a large selection of Iwatas, H&S and even an original Mojo. All of which get brought out for a play on a regular basis. I dont post my work anymore as i cant be doing with critique/cudos and dont sell my art now as i stated its not my income anymore, its my hobby.
My favourite Artists (and im sure they will blush if they read this, well one wont!!! Yes you know who you are lol) are:
The late great Jaime Rodriguez (my inspiration into all things Skull like).
Rick Premeau. (The master)
Wiki of wiki studios (your work just gets better and better. Its been a Privilege watching you grow)
last but certainly not least:
Dru Blair who's work is just beyond belief.

Hey hey, welcome from New Zealand... Which part of the world are you in...? Post up some pretty pictures for those of us who are yet to delve into your repertoire... :)

welcome aboard from Australia.
Its always nice to have AB Pro's join our little family - which is growing rapidly lately. Whats this 'other' AB forum you speak of !! ??? lol, There is only one worth bothering with and you've just found it. I totally understand your desire to keep your airbrushing as a personal pleasure and not an income. I've have several creative pursuits where people have suggested that I make a 'day job' but I've always said I do it for me, not for money. I have a regular job to pay my bills, my hobbies feed my soul.

There are no ego's or 'divas' here and critique is delivered when needed /requested and always done with respect and courtesy. If you do not wish to post up on the main forum, maybe just drop a couple of pics into your gallery so those of us who don't know who you are, can at least see that you do in fact know a little something about airbrushing :D (no disrespect intended)

Hey hey, welcome from New Zealand... Which part of the world are you in...? Post up some pretty pictures for those of us who are yet to delve into your repertoire... :)
Hi From the UK. Thanks for the welcome.
New Zealand is the home of Wiki the artist i mentioned in my post check her out this lady is going to be one of the best. Sorry but my Avitar is the only pic i intend to show. Its just a me thing may this will change at some point but certainly not yet.

welcome aboard from Australia.
Its always nice to have AB Pro's join our little family - which is growing rapidly lately. Whats this 'other' AB forum you speak of !! ??? lol, There is only one worth bothering with and you've just found it. I totally understand your desire to keep your airbrushing as a personal pleasure and not an income. I've have several creative pursuits where people have suggested that I make a 'day job' but I've always said I do it for me, not for money. I have a regular job to pay my bills, my hobbies feed my soul.

There are no ego's or 'divas' here and critique is delivered when needed /requested and always done with respect and courtesy. If you do not wish to post up on the main forum, maybe just drop a couple of pics into your gallery so those of us who don't know who you are, can at least see that you do in fact know a little something about airbrushing :D (no disrespect intended)
Thanks for the welcome and i understand your doubts about my credentials. but i'm sorry i wont post any of my art. its a me thing i may post at a later date should the urge take me. however i will post pics of some of my setup and studio if it ease's your concerns

lol, I tend to take people at their word, if you say you're the pope then i'll believe you until I'm proved wrong. You need to do what you're comfortable with, post pics or don't, it makes no difference to me but I'm sure if you say something that is totally wrong then you'll be on the receiving end of a hail of chinese knock off airbrushes from some of our masters.

Please do consider joining in some of our 'challenges' its all for fun and bragging rights, nothing else and its a way of making this place a fun place to be.

lol, I tend to take people at their word, if you say you're the pope then i'll believe you until I'm proved wrong. You need to do what you're comfortable with, post pics or don't, it makes no difference to me but I'm sure if you say something that is totally wrong then you'll be on the receiving end of a hail of chinese knock off airbrushes from some of our masters.

Please do consider joining in some of our 'challenges' its all for fun and bragging rights, nothing else and its a way of making this place a fun place to be.
Hey Jack remember its the fool who thinks he knows all. im learning every day

lol, in that case there are no fools around here, I'm still on the first rung of the learning ladder, and thoroughly enjoying the journey. I look forward to picking your brains, in order to give some of the other members a break :D

Welcome from another UKer. Sorry to hear your usual haunt has closed down, but good for us to have another experienced ABer on board.

We are all about sharing here so I'm sure your advice will be very welcome. And as you rightly say, you never stop learning so hopefully the favour will be returned

Hope this becomes your new AB home, a proper bunch of good eggs here and lots of talent. Enjoy!

your more than welcome thats why i get involved with a forum, its the teacher in me. if i cant help then i always speak to my mentors to find a solution u never stop learning

Welcome aboard!! I can so relate to the hobby/income....mine has turned into income, and some days its fun, and others is a pain in my arse...right now (again), there is a 3-4 waiting list for me to even "discuss" a project...had a guy call today wanting to know when a good time was to drop his harley off, like "this weekend", yeah good luck buddy, not happening for a month lol...told him in the fall, bring it in thr winter...but NOOOOO...ug..anyhoo, over with my rant lol, glad to have ya with us here at the Orange!!

Welcome from Washington State :). Ive been asked to do commisions and I'm with ya on the whole it becomes a chore aspect. Im happy just to paint for friends and family at my leisure (at my very slow leisure I might add :) ). Maybe an occasional easy going commision that isnt deemed an art robbery by me in favor of the customer might be in store someday, but for now its just for fun. I've been a solely Krome user since the start, although I just ordered a Micron CM-SB like 15 minutes ago lol. Still love me some Badger though :).

Hi and Welcome from sunny Devon U.K.:thumbsup:.I understand where your coming from on the day job,I made it my income just over a year ago.....still enjoying it but it comes with its draw backs....book something in dont turn up,want it done yesterday and too expensivelollollol

Welcome home HAK , This forum is about sharing and helping each other be ye pro or noob,

Back