iwata HP-C plus issue

S

stef29

Brand new to using double action spray guns and was told the HP-C was perfect for beginners and experts alike. So when pushing down on the trigger and Not pulling back at all it releases paint, nothing I do seems to fix it. Push down lightly, less air comes out / push all the way more air comes out as expected, but always with paint. Pulling back just seems to increase the amount of paint. I've taken it apart, cleaned it, looked through the needle hole to see light, etc.

Ok, that's the issue and I know I am doing something wrong: I have no idea how to use the adjustment on the back of the brush (used to "lock" the trigger?). Does it serve any other purpose such as regulating flow? Lastly, I am using a Testors/Aztek Mini-Blue compressor. Supposedly it produces 35psi and I don't see a way to regulate the pressure.

Why doesn't the iwata come with a users guide?

It sounds like there's something in your nozzle that's not allowing the needle to sit in it properly. Try taking the needle out and then putting some airbrush cleaner in the cup and leave it to sit for 5 minutes, then spray the cleaner out and put the needle back in. Also as you put the needle back in twist gently into the airbrush all the way.

Otherwise unscrew the nozzle and clean it out with something or leave it to sit in a pot of airbrush cleaner.

Hope that helps

Thank you I will try this out and see what happens. Any thoughts on the compressor I am using?

My thoughts on the compressor would be that it is not going to put out enough air consistently for good results. You may want to try to over reduce your paints at least 3:1 reducer to paint, and get a regulator to lower the pressure output to your brush to say 20 psi or less. It will cause more tip dry but may get you by with your compressor for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i agree with both above maybe is a combination of both problems!!!

Brand new to using double action spray guns and was told the HP-C was perfect for beginners and experts alike. So when pushing down on the trigger and Not pulling back at all it releases paint, nothing I do seems to fix it. Push down lightly, less air comes out / push all the way more air comes out as expected, but always with paint. Pulling back just seems to increase the amount of paint. I've taken it apart, cleaned it, looked through the needle hole to see light, etc.

Ok, that's the issue and I know I am doing something wrong: I have no idea how to use the adjustment on the back of the brush (used to "lock" the trigger?). Does it serve any other purpose such as regulating flow? Lastly, I am using a Testors/Aztek Mini-Blue compressor. Supposedly it produces 35psi and I don't see a way to regulate the pressure.

Why doesn't the iwata come with a users guide?

What paint are you using?

the problem is the needle have same problem with mine somtimes its a case of mal adjusted if you ask me
do this unscreew the needle loose . pull the trigger sliightly ( like not even 1/32th) push the needle in with slight pressure then lock the needle and release trigger . does it still do it ? if so

unscreew the needle loose , screw the spring backstop in a litle ( 1-2 turns??) lock the needle down as above (trigger and all)

edit :if this does not work the "nozzle" of the AB may be damaged (or some other part in the AB)

edit #2 : the screw out the back is a backstop to the needle, it stops the needle from being pushed back so you can limit the paint that comes out for more "stable" spray

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if I'm reading your problem wrong, but as you are new, just to be clear, it's down for air, and pull back for paint, so you will always get more paint by pulling back farther, and more air by pressing down harder. (sorry if I'm stating the obvious) You shouldn't, as you correctly say get paint coming out by pressing down for air. The most common reason for this is a dirty, or blocked nozzle. This is something I learned the hard way when I started out, no matter how much you may think you've cleaned your nozzle, or how clean it looks, even if you can see through it, it's incredible how much paint can still be in there. Also if you have been slightly too aggressive or if you've pushed something inside the nozzle to clean it, ( a toothpick split and shaped to fit is good for this, if used very carefully) it's possible to flare the end of the nozzle so that the needle isn't fitting properly, letting a small amount of paint through without pulling back the needle. In my opinion, I don't think it is a good idea to use the backstop. You will virtually never spray at one set paint flow, and will constantly vary the amount of air and paint you use, so I think it's better to start as you mean to go on, and learn to get a feel of your trigger. As for your compressor, I am not familiar with it, does it have any kind of gauges at all? It may be possible to buy a pressure regulator for it, as you will need to vary the pressure you use. Does it cut out when it reaches it's max pressure? If not it could be dangerous. Also if it is oiless it will start to overheat if you use it too long, and if it doesn't have a storage tank the air will pulse, making it hard to paint consistently.

It sounds like there's something in your nozzle that's not allowing the needle to sit in it properly. Try taking the needle out and then putting some airbrush cleaner in the cup and leave it to sit for 5 minutes, then spray the cleaner out and put the needle back in. Also as you put the needle back in twist gently into the airbrush all the way.

Otherwise unscrew the nozzle and clean it out with something or leave it to sit in a pot of airbrush cleaner.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE

I believe the above post is the answer to your problem!!! Had the same issue sometimes with my hp-c+ and fixing it as Springz said!!
Even in color changes when u work on a project u might have this problem!! Cleaning & more cleaning the nozzle is the solution(considering that the nozzle hasn't any cracks or tears)!!

Back