Noname Tooty 3rd Gen

busanga

Double Actioner
Is this compressor OK for use with Iwata Eclipse HP CS to spray fishing lures ?

Any known issues with it. Can it be run for longer periods of painting without issues ?

How reliable is it out of the box.. I have to import it so can't send it back..

Thanks for any advice

Or is this a better option..

California Air Tools Light & Quiet 1P1060S Portable Air Compressor

Hello,

Looking at the specs both are adequate and capable for airbrushing. I don't have experience with either of those so I can't comment on reliability or quality. A factor to consider is spare parts availability and service support. Some compressors may come with pressure regulators and moisture traps, others don't. Those are critical so make sure those are factored in. Either included or added to the order. Another parameter to consider is noise. Some compressors are fairly quiet, some are loud. You need to decide if that is relevant for you. For example: If you are going to be working in a noisy shop and don't mind the noise, this will not be important. But if you are going to be working at home late at night when family is sleeping then it is something to consider.
When noise is not an issue, I use a Badger 180-1 tankless compressor. When working late at night, I have a portable air tank I fill with a shop compressor.
Of course you will also need to consider appropriate operating voltage / connection for your country.

Thanks,
Ismael

How big would a tank have to be to be a practical option , let's say to spray a lure using Iwata Eclipse HP CS. I know lots factors.. but just trying to get an idea of size of tank that would be practical to spend an evening spraying a lure for eg. (Assuming no leaks as well :) )

The size of the tank will only determine how often the compressor kicks in. The bigger the tank the less often it will kick in but will run a bit longer. It has very little impact on the performance of the airbrush as long as the tank is kept at a higher pressure than the output regulator to the airbrush. I run my airbrush at 20PSI but fill my tank to 90.

Thanks,
Ismael

The size of the tank will only determine how often the compressor kicks in. The bigger the tank the less often it will kick in but will run a bit longer. It has very little impact on the performance of the airbrush as long as the tank is kept at a higher pressure than the output regulator to the airbrush. I run my airbrush at 20PSI but fill my tank to 90.

Thanks,
Ismael
I am talking about a portable air tank that I can fill at my factory and bring home. Will attach water trap and regulator /Gauge to tank.

Fyi I live in Ghana , West Africa so we fabricate a lot of stuff ourselves and make do :)

Portable tank: the bigger the better. Mine is 5 gallons. I've seen 7 and 9 commercially. The most important part is to make absolutely sure it is SAFE.
A home made tank explosion is a dangerous thing. I had a shop compressor blow up a fitting at 100 PSI and the whipping hose can cut your leg, not to mention my heart skipped the timing chain. It was scary.
I'm not home but when I get back I'll post a picture of mine.

Thanks,
Ismael

Both of the compressors you ask about would work very well for your needs. The California Air is the better option of the 2. I've been using a larger (4.2Gal) California Air compressor for about the last 10 years.

Back