Urethane paints

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hey everyone,
what do we use to clean the airbrush with? Nitro thinner? regular thinner? Never crossed my mind!

Hey everyone,
what do we use to clean the airbrush with? Nitro thinner? regular thinner? Never crossed my mind!
I bought a 5ltr carton of “Gun Wash”. It’s called that on the printed label, but I think essentially it’s just a cheap cellulose thinner. It’s much stronger smelling than the thinner I use for the paints themselves, but totally does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just lacquer thinner.

I'm not certain but I think what you guys call nitro thinner or cellulose thinner is actually the same as lacquer thinner but the term nitro has just stuck.

Actual nitro lacquer is pretty rare in use these days except on some expensive guitars.

Gun wash from all I can tell is lacquer thinner with some type of detergent added.

if i use 2k paint i use 2k thinners to wash out/clean other wise i use cellulose thinners for other solvent paints. It good for cleaning caked on waterbased paint in the airbrush too and i just flush out afterwards with water.

Lee

After some searching and asking nitro thinner and cellulose thinner is the same stuff as Robby wrote previously.
In case anybody's have the same question.

Back