Etac cost!!

I get my normal EFX from the US because our currency is stronger against the $ then the £ and the €. Shipping is the same as I use a parcel forwarding service.

Hi Clive,

From what i've heard it's a distributor thing. There's the main wholesaler, which is usually in the states, they send to the main distributors and they set the prices (to my limited knowledge). They can be way out of whack and you would be best off just ordering from the cheapest price + postage available.
I've just compared a major australian and UK retailer with a micron cm-sb. £240 in Australia ($480AUD) to £345 UK.
Etac is the same - can be expensive in the UK and much lower priced in the States, hell we even have the same price as the states (but in AUD) which makes us Aussies the cheapest suppliers.

I've only checked three countries.

Last edited:
If I ever get a micron, it will be from the states, otherwise I'd have to apply for a mortgage LOL.

If I ever get a micron, it will be from the states, otherwise I'd have to apply for a mortgage LOL.
I got mine delivery and all from holland fir just over £200, i also just ordered a new nozzle from foxy studios and it was about a tenner cheaper than anywhere i could find in uk. Rip of Britain we get screwed left right and center

I got mine delivery and all from holland fir just over £200, i also just ordered a new nozzle from foxy studios and it was about a tenner cheaper than anywhere i could find in uk. Rip of Britain we get screwed left right and center
Guess that's where I'll be looking then, when I can scrape up some cash! That's only about £60 more than my hp-cs was! We do seem to get shafted price wise.

Guess that's where I'll be looking then, when I can scrape up some cash! That's only about £60 more than my hp-cs was! We do seem to get shafted price wise.
Yea deffo Squishy, i got mine from lion-art and i know of some one else on here i think it was troyster got his there aswell

You don't pay any import tax inside the EU only for outside the EU, but they don't need to pay our local 21% tax.

Exactly, and when ordering anything outside of the EU, items are often held by customs for weeks on end and then as well as the standard vat and export costs, there is also administration cost pushing the purchase to almost double the price.

The only hope for us Europeans is the signing of a free customs zone contract between the USA and EU. This has been the story for years but has not yet been signed. Someone has no interest in all this.

We used to be a great manufacturing country... now were just a retail dumping ground for the EU... Thats why we gotta pay more... we should be making this stuff!

I had a friendly inside source shed some light on the situation in regards to UK's seemingly higher prices and have been made aware of shipping and import duties as some of the major factors increasing the price. You can expect to pay a minimum of 20% more in the UK and a sustainable profit margin on top of this.
UK distributors must agree to a minimum recommended retail price for Etac as the company stocks a premium product and charges for such. While prices seem to be out of whack, UK prices are being aligned with Europe and we may even see a change in price in the American market. For now it's not a case of them being expensive in Europe/UK, it seems more to be a case of them being extremely cheap in the US and possible price increases are on the horizon.

Well, Bill came through, as always!

I'm picking up my Re-supply of Etac when I'm over in the states this month, delivered to my hotel for when I arrive, at over half the price of buying here in the UK!

Back