Fitting a Veda 186 trigger

S

Shugs81

Hi peeps... if any of you saw my hi post you will have seen than I tipped my trigger down a sink with no hope of retrieval... I now have a replacement and can't for the life of me work out how to fit it!!!

See pics

98aa681587897d86fce4818ffd42b732.jpg
592c9696661fda3c26c834723a966496.jpg

Hope they come out ok!!

The triger has a big brass type bit on the bottom which I can't work out where it goes!!

Thankfully used my knackered needle to test it out... is it supposed to go down the air valve hole bit?? I have a feeling it does and it's too big... damn... anyone else here got one? Any help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi peeps... if any of you saw my hi post you will have seen than I tipped my trigger down a sink with no hope of retrieval... I now have a replacement and can't for the life of me work out how to fit it!!!

See pics

98aa681587897d86fce4818ffd42b732.jpg
592c9696661fda3c26c834723a966496.jpg

Hope they come out ok!!

The triger has a big brass type bit on the bottom which I can't work out where it goes!!

Thankfully used my knackered needle to test it out... is it supposed to go down the air valve hole bit?? I have a feeling it does and it's too big... damn... anyone else here got one? Any help?

Thanks in advance!!!
That indeed is supposed to slide in the air hole, they can be tricky. Make sure the barrel is out first.

Hate to sound dense but the barrel is the bit that the needle goes through right?

Nada is right, the brass bit goes into that hole you can see, it should be s snug fit so once you've got it located just a gentle push will get it seated, do you still have the curvy bit the also goes in the slot- goes behind the trigger?

Yeah... really struggling to get it in the hole (lol!)
Will keep trying... I think it's less than a mm too big... not sure if I should keep trying in case I damage it...

They can be fiddly to get in, do you still have the curved piece ? Some models had it attached to the needle guide, most were a separate piece, once you've got it lined up a bit of gentle pressure should see it done. Just hide your hammer :)

a698a6afe65b504bae5f379d93bde27a.jpg

This is my hammer...

13f88564215c5237e2eb8b8e13c7935e.jpg

:D

The little thing you are talking about is attached... but there's a lip on the inside that it sticks against so I can't use it as a guide... I think this is a newer model and that I may have just bought the wrong trigger...

Would it be bad if I replied about it being too floppy??? Lol

I was using the plierhammer to tighten it up to make it stiffer..... not really helping raise the tone!!! Lol

Don't tighten it. How loose it is does not affect performance. If it is tight you wi) feel the resistance what you pull for paint.

never use anything other than the supplied spanner on your airbrush, everything apart from the nozzle tip is done without tools.the nozzle tip should only be nipped up. Not tightened till it can't be tightened any more.
It may help to determine if it's to big by unscrewing the air valve(where the air line connects) and seeing if it fits from that end. (It's easier to see what you're doing )
If not you may have the wrong one or your o-ring has swollen - oh dear, just when I thought I'd removed myself from the gutter!

It's not soft enough to permanently tighten it... was just making it stiff enough so that I had a bit more control... but it definitely doesn't fit... I dropped th guys I bought it from a message to see if they can do anything about it... I'm almost tempted to see if I can shave a tiny amount off the edge to see if that will work!!

No, don't shave your rod!
That's it, I'm leaving! It's 9am here in Oz, you should be in bed,

Also I think I've confused everyone by saying tightened... the brass bit on the bottom of the trigger is REALLY floppy... so I nipped it at the bottom of the silver bit so that the joint was tightened!!! I've already overtightened a nozzle and had to use a damaged needle to unscrew the snapped off bit from the inside... I'm not tightening any parts with anything other than my fingers!! (except the joint between the silver bit and the brass bit!)

Probably not hard to confuse anyone, some have just woken up and others are way past their bedtime !
Hopefully the suppliers can give an answer. I've had wrong parts shipped before

:D this has definitely been a conversation just about above the gutter... and your right... it might finally be bed time!!! No beer was harmed in the making of this thread... just a few warped minds!!! Lol

The seem like a really nice and helpful buch so hopefully will sort things out... night night all! :p

:D this has definitely been a conversation just about above the gutter... and your right... it might finally be bed time!!! No beer was harmed in the making of this thread... just a few warped minds!!! Lol
The crazy ones aint even shown up yet...

Back