Hello from Long Island, NY

Rick Daly

Young Tutorling
Hi all, I'm Rick.
I am a Scenic Artist for film and television with USA829 and I started airbrushing in 1995 at age 19.

My local art store was Pearl Paint in East Meadow, NY. I would always buy the latest issue of AIR magazine that I saw displayed. I learned how to airbrush by studying AIR magazine and watching a few of the VHS instructional videos that were sold in the back of the magazine. It's wild how much instruction is accessible via Youtube now! I painted in my moms garage, and my 1st airbrush was the Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS siphon feed, I still have it. I used a Craftsman air compressor with a 2 gallon tank.

Lately, I like to airbrush T-Shirts and Trucker Hats. I especially like graffiti, and I utilize the airbrush to paint All City Style trains.

Airbrushes:
-2 Iwata Revolution, gravity feed
-1 Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS, siphon feed

I would like to purchase more siphon feed brushes so I can produce shirt designs faster, and I would like to purchase an Iwata HP-CS siphon feed brush for illustration and detail purposes.

Compressor:
California Air, 1 gallon tank, aluminum

I look forward to following the threads here and networking with others who are as passionate about airbrushing as I am.

Welcome to the asylum Rick, grab your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy the ride.
Glad to have you aboard.

-Joe

Welcome aboard Rick, don't be shy and make sure you post up some of your works :)

Back