Normal cleaning then using Airbrush restorer to show what was still in the brush

basepaint

Air-Valve Autobot!
Thought with all the questions about airbrush spitting.stopping and not working right I would show what I got out of my HP-CS AFTER A NORMAL CLEAN UP AFTER PAINTING,
Heres after cleaning normallyView attachment 39168
Heres after soaking 5 min in restorerView attachment 39169
and heres after soaking 15 min in restorerView attachment 39170
Note all the old paint on the Q-tips and paper towel,That will cause you prob. Like spitting.clogs not spraying right,if not cleaned out! So if you THINK IT'S CLEAN and it still wont work clean it again!
I use the lip bam to seal my threads on cap

I see you have taken the entire head off, should I be doing that with the microns?? I guess not, but would be good to know.
Restorer is king

I have used restorer for years , But you do not soak the entire airbrush in it or else the rubber seals will go bad , Just a warning ...

I see you have taken the entire head off, should I be doing that with the microns?? I guess not, but would be good to know.
Restorer is king
I take the head off to get to the nozzle so I can soak them and let the restorer go up into the cup area when I set the front of the AB down into the restorer (fuild level with the back of the cup ) plus lets me push my needle thru the front of the AB keeping paint in the cup area and not pulling it into the rear seal.

I take the head off to get to the nozzle so I can soak them and let the restorer go up into the cup area when I set the front of the AB down into the restorer (fuild level with the back of the cup ) plus lets me push my needle thru the front of the AB keeping paint in the cup area and not pulling it into the rear seal.
Do you know if I should be doing this with my Microns??

Yes, but if you are having no troubles you won't need to, if you noticed a drop in performance or weird behaviour, then it would be wise, since you seem to be using E'tac most of the time which is re-wettable a little soaking in water would suffice.

I don't have a micron so I don't know the answer.ask Hassje or jargon they have microns? I'm sure a soaking of the tip/nozzel area wont hurt it ,Just don't get it on the packing area

You have to clean any airbrush if it's not behaving. If you use E'tac then it is easy. For stubborn E'tac you leave it in the water for a 5 minutes longer.

Back