For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Painting Animals

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Tutorials' started by CALz AyrWKz, Dec 8, 2017.

1. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Hi everyone, I just thought I would post up a link to Jurek Zamoyski's tutorials if anyone wanted to learn his methods of painting animals and fur. I recently spent some time with Jurek. It was an amazing experience, I learned a lot and have been practicing his methods lately. He's an amazing person, whose achieved much in the art world. So if you are interested, you can buy his tutorials here https://www.jurekart.com/videos

There are also several articles with step by steps in Airbrush Action magazine and Step by Step Airbrush magazine as well.

This is my latest:
    IMG_6030W.jpg
  2. frowan

frowan Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

Beautiful tiger, I,d like to learn about Jurek Method, do you recommend me any video in particular? Thnks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    CALz AyrWKz likes this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Jurek works have so much depth to them and you are so lucky to have been able to learn from him.
    musicmacd and CALz AyrWKz like this.
  4. CALz AyrWKz

The Spirit of a Jaguar brings you step by step through the process. Jurek's method is for someone who has patience to paint lots and lots of little hair strokes. These paintings are not quick by any means.
    musicmacd and frowan like this.
  5. CALz AyrWKz

Yes, his paintings are amazing. In his studio, he has a rather large painting hanging, entitled "Snow Leopard Cub," that I found myself staring at the whole time. His brush strokes are so fine. I've been very honored to have learned from him. Now its up to me to keep practicing. His comments on my little tiger cub was "Its a very pleasing portrait." He advised not to get caught up in photorealism and be an artist. Create painterly works.
    musicmacd likes this.
  6. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

And that is great advice , I just paint sometimes I have a vision of how the out come will look other times I just let the painting tell me LOL .
    CALz AyrWKz likes this.
  7. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

As you well know Cheryl, I've loved Jurek's works, his methods and of course his style ever since I got that free Step by Step magazine 6 years ago with some supplies I bought, as soon as I read his how to I hunted him down on the net and was flabbergasted with his animals.

Most of the animals I ever painted were based very loosely on his method, but I intend to get fully into it again at some point when I can rebuild my stocks, when I do I will employ all the steps I chose to miss out since I want to achieve similar depth to his and obviously that isnt going happen by cutting corners, when the time comes thanks to my present situation I will have plenty of time and no distractions, it will be easier to work with his style without worrying about having to stop, I still have the magazine but to be honest I've read the SBS so many times, the process is almost burned into my brain:)

I nearly was never going to talk to you again because your beautiful cub went to someone else and not melol I'm just kidding, the cub really is stunning and its good to see you back posting and painting again, I hope all is well with you and your family and I can't wait to see more of your work :)
  8. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I have been in touch with Jurek since 1988 and he is one of the most friendly and helpful people I have know. His ability to capture the feeling and essence of the animal he paints is astounding. He is definitely a person to learn and expand your artistic talents from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
  9. CALz AyrWKz

@Malky Thanks Malky.. I promise I will paint something for you soon. After Christmas I will have loads of time to get back into my studio.
    @Airbrush Dreams Yes, Fred I agree. His paintings are amazing. :)
  10. musicmacd

musicmacd The Createx Bandit Very Likeable!

That's a beautiful painting and great experience I'm sure :)