Problem with true white color on t-shirt

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Hi all. I can't figure this out. I use wicked opague white. I tried 50 constant psi and no reduced color. I tried with 20% reduced also. But I get weird grainy color which is not smooth white. Something is wrong. I mixed color with badger little mixing thingy like it was mentioned on video which I watched yesterday about airbrushes on this forum.

Anybody has some tips maybe?

yeah you will probably not get a true white, depending on the color garment you are working on. Some of the base color will always come through... You can get close, by laying down a base layer, and letting it dry, then hitting it again.

yeah you will probably not get a true white, depending on the color garment you are working on. Some of the base color will always come through... You can get close, by laying down a base layer, and letting it dry, then hitting it again.
Thank you, going to try spraying over again. It is dry now, so I will see what will happen.

Try your white over what you have painted now its dry it will probably be good. Also a clear base sprayed on first will help, then spray the white.

I have a similar problem with white ink screen printing, you have to do 2 or 3 passes to get full white saturation.

Lee

Try your white over what you have painted now its dry it will probably be good. Also a clear base sprayed on first will help, then spray the white.

I have a similar problem with white ink screen printing, you have to do 2 or 3 passes to get full white saturation.

Lee
clear base is what? Transparent base?

Lay down a layer of transparent base over the shirt and the heat set it at 350 for 20 seconds then start your white and avoid saturating the fabric. Build your layer slowly while painting the entire painting with different values of the white and the finish with the colors. You don’t need completely cover the fabric. If you are using straight Wicked color for you colors it will cover the white and have a truer color accuracy. The grainy look will go away. You also can spray all the way up at 60 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

Lay down a layer of transparent base over the shirt and the heat set it at 350 for 20 seconds then start your white and avoid saturating the fabric. Build your layer slowly while painting the entire painting with different values of the white and the finish with the colors. You don’t need completely cover the fabric. If you are using straight Wicked color for you colors it will cover the white and have a truer color accuracy. The grainy look will go away. You also can spray all the way up at 60 psi.

Great info!

One more question. What if I would like to have only true white in design. Ill give stupid example: Lets say i would like to have only text: Orange airbrush forum.
Do i do the same? Slowly building white color until it is true white. Transparent base first of course.

Think I’ll try this too. Thanks for sharing!

Back