Really Stupid Question

Good work, looking forward to seeing the progress. I love it when a plan comes together... :)

I believe it's unfamiliarity with the tools that keeps people from doing this stuff themselves.
I can't imagine paying someone several thousand dollars to do it for me. The excuse that the equipment costs $$$ is fail. I've spend under $500 for airbrushes, baby compressor, big kid compressor, paint gun etc.

Ask me about my adventures in boating some time. It was one obstacle after another until I persevered, overcame the stupid problems, and mastered the boat, the motor, the repairs and maintenance. After that, smooth sailing until I moved on to another interest, motorcycles.

Obstacles are just things you need to kick in the crotch and shove off the sidewalk. It helps if you're part pirate.

Google 'Viper violet' paint.
It is currently curing on the bike parts and it is beautiful!
I have violet pearl for the airbrushing, it shimmers with a sort of fishy reflection. I'm thinking that a ghost skull and flames, lightly airbrushed so it only reflects in sunlight might be subtle and epic. I'm pretty good at making the pictures in my head come to fruition. If this works it will be awesome and yes, pictures shall be provided.

The sub-clearcoat over the Viper has to cure for a few days before I can get out the airbrushes. Wednesday at the earliest.
It's pretty purple, that base coat. Looks like an easter egg and almost too girly. Hopefully some skulls will ungirlify it a bit.

Here's a link to the basecoated bits:
eOIg1kt.jpg

I expect that the series of thunderstorms with heat and rain and humidity will be over with by the time the stuff is done curing. Might have to wet sand with 2000 in a couple of rumply places, or maybe hide them with flames. I paint the skull profile every night in my head. I know almost exactly how I'm going to do it. He's a happy lookin feller.

I got violet pearl and I am not afraid to use it.

Ugh. I started the side covers and they look horrible. Now I gotta sand them and try again.

Sanded and redid the side covers...oh my. Yep, back on track, lookin' like I want it to look!
Soon, my pretties. Soon...

Back