Trident paints

Thanks for the advise madbrush. Your right in what you say and I don,t want my lack of knowledge stunt my progress, unfortunately at the moment I,m still unsure of where and when I should be using trans or opaque. I guess I,d better book myself on a course!

Get yourself some anyway, check out some of SBS's to see how others use transparents, but it's mainly a question of personal preference when you use them, after playing around a little you will start to see how that can help you, after that you will develop a sense of when they will benefit you most.

I can almost guarantee that if you start using them you'll wonder how you ever managed without them, you will also find that it makes blending easier as well as enhancing everything you do.

Once you have had a little play around simply ask the guys here how best to make use of them.

Thanks for the advise madbrush. Your right in what you say and I don,t want my lack of knowledge stunt my progress, unfortunately at the moment I,m still unsure of where and when I should be using trans or opaque. I guess I,d better book myself on a course!

Mate as @Madbrush has said get yourself a bottle of the trans base anyway and practice with it, untill recently i only used opaques (com-art) so its something i also need to work on myself. If you look at the SBS section i know youll find more info on it [emoji4]

Get yourself some anyway, check out some of SBS's to see how others use transparents, but it's mainly a question of personal preference when you use them, after playing around a little you will start to see how that can help you, after that you will develop a sense of when they will benefit you most.

I can almost guarantee that if you start using them you'll wonder how you ever managed without them, you will also find that it makes blending easier as well as enhancing everything you do.

Once you have had a little play around simply ask the guys here how best to make use of them.

lol great minds think alike

Mate as @Madbrush has said get yourself a bottle of the trans base anyway and practice with it, untill recently i only used opaques (com-art) so its something i also need to work on myself. If you look at the SBS section i know youll find more info on it [emoji4]

Some people work entirely with transparents, some begin with opaques and finish up with transparents to enhance and achieve depth, I now use it because I am seriously heavy handed and it keeps me in check, lol

So it's a personal choice thing with no rules other than little golden rules, every individual develops their own preferences, either way, it's definitely worth exploring.

Some people work entirely with transparents, some begin with opaques and finish up with transparents to enhance and achieve depth, I now use it because I am seriously heavy handed and it keeps me in check, lol

So it's a personal choice thing with no rules other than little golden rules, every individual develops their own preferences, either way, it's definitely worth exploring.

Thats what i was thinking mate, after using the trans black in my last two paintings i like building up the layers, and as you say it keeps from going to dark to quick and easier to fix mistakes.
I bought some liquitex acrylic inks, some are transparent and one is translucent just to baffle me more, the colours seem ok but the black and white even reduced 10:1 have major tip dry.

We used Trident on the course I did. The Trident 8 kits were great with my only gripe (as a beginner) being trying to get the right mix ratio. Once mixed they were a joy to use on canvas, posterboard, hotpress illustration board and synthetic paper. We even used them on sheet metal without problem. I also use Createx Illustration though which comes in a more ready to use form straight from the bottle, which I personally like. As always it comes down to personal preference and some hands-on experimentation. Good luck!

I was gonna order some but the shipping to get them to be sold me sour had the cart full with the 250ml tru 8 set and 50ml bottles of the other colors then flat rate shipping $30 US I have 2 full paint systems on the shelf that I know work can't push to pay that much for shipping.

That was my problem too John , Shipping was a bit higher , I was able to get a couple of small samples through a good source for free But the price is just a bit out of range to stock up on it.
Daniel and the folks he has making the paint really need a US seller.

Yeah I agree, shipping price sucks, I ordered a bottle of trans base and a couple of other colours I neglected the first time and shipping is around €18 euro!, I,m in england, not a million miles from holland, how can 'shipping' cost as much as the order?
I might be totally wrong on this, but I get the impression that current stockist/dealers are trying to get rid of this product. I searched uk sellers as I wanted to avoid extortionate import fees but I only found one uk seller and their range was 4 colours and no additives....

Yeah I agree, shipping price sucks, I ordered a bottle of trans base and a couple of other colours I neglected the first time and shipping is around €18 euro!, I,m in england, not a million miles from holland, how can 'shipping' cost as much as the order?
I might be totally wrong on this, but I get the impression that current stockist/dealers are trying to get rid of this product. I searched uk sellers as I wanted to avoid extortionate import fees but I only found one uk seller and their range was 4 colours and no additives....

It's all a big scam to get you to move to Holland like what I did.

Cheap brushes cheap paint big postage, move to Holland, cheap brushes cheap paint no postage, lol

I knew it!, it,s a conspiricy! It's not called the orange forum for nothing! ( bloody scammers!)lol

I think that may only apply to nuclear weapons and possibly the occasional oil super tanker, but that could be a weight issue, just a guess, I,m no postman!lollol

Well, it's a lot better than the lemon forum. :p
Eh?Maybe thankfully I have no idea what you mean!, er ... Apple forum, peach maybe, various other fruits, I guess fruits are funny ha ha eh? What? I don,t get ito_O

Eh?Maybe thankfully I have no idea what you mean!, er ... Apple forum, peach maybe, various other fruits, I guess fruits are funny ha ha eh? What? I don,t get ito_O
Sorry. Where I'm from if somebody tries to scam you by selling something dodgy (like a car salesman selling you a bad car) it's called a "lemon". So if you bought that car people might say, "Oh you got sold a lemon." A lemon can also be used to refer to naughty adult anime, which also would have hilarious connotations if you wanted to name your forum. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lemon

Sorry. Where I'm from if somebody tries to scam you by selling something dodgy (like a car salesman selling you a bad car) it's called a "lemon". So if you bought that car people might say, "Oh you got sold a lemon." A lemon can also be used to refer to naughty adult anime, which also would have hilarious connotations if you wanted to name your forum. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lemon
Well I guess you learn something every day!, I,ve heard of a car being called a lemon but the anime thing is news to me! Isn't this forum just a wealth of knowledge! Lol!lol:thumbsup:

Back