Wicked UV Base

C

Craiger

I was thinking about buying some to try out.
Do you paint slingers mix it with trans base and reducer for flow?
Can it be mixed with the wicked detail colors, to give each color a glow under the blacklight?

Thanks for the info. And damn...Gearboxxx does some amazing stuff.

I figured you would like that link and yes he does do amazing work and some wild things are running through his mind...LOL

Yes i did like it. I didn't even think of the using the Flourescent colors along with it. Yeah he's got a helluva imagination to go with his talent.
Glad i asked before i bought paint. Now my idea is starting to take more shape and should work out even better!

Yes i did like it. I didn't even think of the using the Flourescent colors along with it. Yeah he's got a helluva imagination to go with his talent.
Glad i asked before i bought paint. Now my idea is starting to take more shape and should work out even better!

That is good to hear , I bought some when it first came out and have done a few paintings with it. Mainly for my daughter and one of her friends.

That is good to hear , I bought some when it first came out and have done a few paintings with it. Mainly for my daughter and one of her friends.

Very cool. What is your opinion on the glow effect. I can remember many years ago the posters would pop out like crazy. Is it comparable in real life?

Very cool. What is your opinion on the glow effect. I can remember many years ago the posters would pop out like crazy. Is it comparable in real life?

pretty close depending on how much of it you mix with your colors.

Informative link Micron, I had forgotten about that. I picked some up last month, but it still sits unopened. Waiting for the Powers that Be, to move me.

Loren

Informative link Micron, I had forgotten about that. I picked some up last month, but it still sits unopened. Waiting for the Powers that Be, to move me.

Loren
Don't make me send Rob over to your place to motivate you ...LOL

Make sure you use a larger needle and nozzle setup. Its really heavy pigmented stuff. Ive only messed with it a few times, but the glow white and glow base seemed to gum up my nozzle so bad it retracted my needle a bit. The flourescents worked great though and are very bright under a blacklight. I might let it sit in some reducer for a bit to help breakdown the pigments a bit more to see if that helps with the flow and the problem i was having with it. Fun stuff though!

Heres a couple links to threads when i used this stuff
http://www.airbrushforum.org/works-progress-finished-artworks/3313-messin-uv-paint.html

http://www.airbrushforum.org/works-progress-finished-artworks/3340-another-uv-piece.html

Last edited:
I mixed mine in a mixing cup with the w500 and let it sit for about 20 minutes , Even shot it through the micron with no issues.
But I did remember reading to do that if you was not going to use a .35 or larger from a different forum.

Okay, okay, Micron...No reason to send Rob over yet. The Powers that Be, have moved my butt a little bit. At least enough to dig out an old Black Light and see what effect these might produces. Now, I'm wondering why there is such a HUGE difference between the UV White and the UV Base. Under incandescent or fluorescent they appear the same. ?Hhmmm?

CAM03065.jpg

Loren...Needing some splainin' done in Dallas.

Okay, okay, Micron...No reason to send Rob over yet. The Powers that Be, have moved my butt a little bit. At least enough to dig out an old Black Light and see what effect these might produces. Now, I'm wondering why there is such a HUGE difference between the UV White and the UV Base. Under incandescent or fluorescent they appear the same. ?Hhmmm?

View attachment 25701

Loren...Needing some splainin' done in Dallas.

This confirms my thoughts. UV White is white paint with the glow base in it. UV glow base has the fun stuff in it as only a trans base and no paint pigment. IMHO.

This confirms my thoughts. UV White is white paint with the glow base in it. UV glow base has the fun stuff in it as only a trans base and no paint pigment. IMHO.

Alright,...The Powers won't let me sit down now. Craiger,...with that said, I'm still confused as to how each would be used. It appears that there is very little UV Base in the UV white. Would the Base be used over an Opaque or with a Transparent. or.....?

CAM03066.jpg

Loren...Hoping in Dallas this helps someone somewhere.

Hi yello, afaik the glow base is supposed to assist other colours to become fluorescent under UV. I would imagine that the more base you put in, the more fluorescent it would be but also the more transparent it will become. I hope that i didn't get a bad batch, but my experience with the glow base is that it doesn't seem to make a difference (with the florescent paints especially).
It my well be that I am not using a true black light, but here is my experiment:, using straight base, straight white UV, flouro yellow and flouro green: (from left to right)
so I am not very happy with the base at the moment and will have to find another black light to compare.

what I can say is that I hope my paintpall has a blacklight, and I hope he gets it son, its been in the post 9 days now.

Attachments

• 20140127_124540-1.jpg
    20140127_124540-1.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 19
Back