And to round off the new gear...

ausf

Needle-chuck Ninja
IMG_1020.JPG

The Micron needed something to feed it right?

My shop where I do the bulk of my work is a finished attic with angled ceiling, very little area for an easel that wouldn't block off access to a bench or storage. I'm setting up an easel and illustration specific area in an office on the second floor. Since it would be in proximity to others as well as needing another compressor I opted for the Silentaire.

I was on the fence regarding getting the DR150 over this one, thinking the 1 gal. tank might be better than the 20A's .4 gal. I opened the box and read the duty cycle warnings of 15 minutes/15 minutes off I started to think I may have made a mistake.

After filling it with oil I put it through its paces and couldn't be happier. While spraying, the only indication of it being on is the click at the start and end of cycle.

It fills the tank in 9 seconds. Spraying with the Micron @20 PSI it runs for about a minute and a half before starting up again. I painted for a solid hour and a half and nowhere inside or out even slightly warm.

I'm stoked.

That's not cheap. Where you get it?
Art Supply Source.

Best I could find, ships FOB from Silentaire free, no tax unless you're in TX or MO.

$550 all in.

Considering the reputation and the quality of it, it's worth it. Just to be able to use it at night near people is worth the price of admission for me personally.

I have shop compressors for tools and pressure pots and Iwata Smart Jets for airbrush, but this thing is in a different class.

I used a previous version of one of these for about 15 years before I retired it. Not because it stopped working, but because it had a small oil leak and I was not using it for about a year and a half while getting a machine shop up and running. Looking back now, I wish I had simply fixed the oil leak... Congrats on your new acquisitions.

I used a previous version of one of these for about 15 years before I retired it. Not because it stopped working, but because it had a small oil leak and I was not using it for about a year and a half while getting a machine shop up and running. Looking back now, I wish I had simply fixed the oil leak... Congrats on your new acquisitions.
Good to hear Dave.

Back