Beginners help

There is no simple answer for that question, skin tone is a combination of colours all layered appropriately. Sepia / burnt umber / white / blue violet all get used regularly.
I suggest using the search function for 'portraits' 'skin tone' that may guide you in the right direction.
looking through the 'works in progress' and 'step by step' sections will also be of use for you.

Once restrictions lift, I'm sure that @musicmacd will be running a few classes, although he calls Queensland home he did trips to Melbourne too. I'd highly recommend booking in for one of his classes.

Createx Lifeline range has a bunch of premixed skin tones. They also have the Corey Saint Clair Universal Skin tone in the Wicked line.

Hi siroxx thanks for that great info very little on cash flow at the moment I have comart paints at the moment I will be experimenting with the colors I have thank you , your advise is very handy most appreciated.

Hi siroxx thanks for that great info very little on cash flow at the moment I have comart paints at the moment I will be experimenting with the colors I have thank you , your advise is very handy most appreciated.
I hear you Buddy. Budget is always an issue. I want to say that I’ve seen a flesh tone mixing video somewhere. If I can track it down I’ll post a link.

Yes, I always try and mix what I want with R/Y/B + black and white, don't always get it right but it saves building a massive collection of colours :)

Back