Gaalhleri Mobius = poor experience for me

@DaveG thank you so much for this thread. I really appreciate all the info and results you are sharing. Always a pleasure reading about your experiments and findings.
FWIW, after reading this thread, I contacted Gaahleri last week about my Mobius 0.3, which has pretty much the same issues as yours and they quickly sent me the new revised parts along with a needle and nozzle no questions asked, the very next day.
Gotta hand it to them, they sure are doing right by their customers and standing behind their products.

@DaveG thank you so much for this thread. I really appreciate all the info and results you are sharing. Always a pleasure reading about your experiments and findings.
FWIW, after reading this thread, I contacted Gaahleri last week about my Mobius 0.3, which has pretty much the same issues as yours and they quickly sent me the new revised parts along with a needle and nozzle no questions asked, the very next day.
Gotta hand it to them, they sure are doing right by their customers and standing behind their products.
They do seem to be responsive to trying to correct issues if you contact them. I wish they had made the changes before shipping brushes out, though. They had to have been aware of it to get replacement parts so quickly (they basically told me so). The other thing I find a bit humorous is that so many people made videos praising the brushes, but never noticed this simple flaw. Virtually all of them have/had it... I have learned a good deal about what people do or don't know about airbrushes recently.

I do have a .3 Mobius setup working quite well. I put it together using the .2 Mobius body, as I wanted to keep the MAC valve. I also have parts I purchased to that I could do some testing/measuring to get a sense of manufacturing tolerances and general quality in more than one part. I will be writing more about them as I have a more complete picture.

They do seem to be responsive to trying to correct issues if you contact them. I wish they had made the changes before shipping brushes out, though. They had to have been aware of it to get replacement parts so quickly (they basically told me so). The other thing I find a bit humorous is that so many people made videos praising the brushes, but never noticed this simple flaw. Virtually all of them have/had it... I have learned a good deal about what people do or don't know about airbrushes recently.

I do have a .3 Mobius setup working quite well. I put it together using the .2 Mobius body, as I wanted to keep the MAC valve. I also have parts I purchased to that I could do some testing/measuring to get a sense of manufacturing tolerances and general quality in more than one part. I will be writing more about them as I have a more complete picture.
I agree!
Well, again, thank you for keeping us posted about your findings.
I will try my Mobius as soon as I can and hope it performs well.

I am officially calling it quits - no more Gaahleri for me (I simply can't afford to keep throwing money away), and best of luck to those that choose to buy them -

I ordered a hand full of parts through Gaahleris retail site to try to get a .2 Mobius working, as well as evaluate tolerances within the line in a way not possible with just one or two samples. Keep in mind, I had pretty high hopes as I did manage to get a .3 Mobius working quite well.

The bottom line is that I still don't have a .2 working well enough to perform better then the .3, and 3 out of the 5 nozzles I ordered are complete garbage. One is suspect, leaving just one I consider good.

DSC_3659.jpgIMG_023.jpg
IMG_024.jpg
IMG_025.jpg

Wow, those nozzles are horrific. I wish Gaalheri were aware of these investigations and tests.
I sent them these, and many other photos. When they could send a free bush to solve the issue, they were very responsive, but when I started to say out loud I was starting to doubt their ability to get it right, they pretty much blew me off... radio silence.

Just following up - I sent detailed photos to Gaahleri about the parts I received, and issues I was experiencing. Previously they have offered to send free replacement parts to address issue(s). This time I let them know that I was not looking to resolve the issue(s). Simply reporting the issues, because while I understand they are trying to introduce a new product, I don't feel like they are at a point where they could reliably produce and ship a usable product.
They responded by thanking me for the feedback with photos, and admitted to several areas they need to improve. They were specific, but I will leave it at that. They then proceeded to issue refunds for each and every purchase I made since December that was problematic. I didn't ask or expect that, but do greatly appreciate it.
I wish them well going forward.

Thank you for the update, it's really a shame about the Mobius... I will share my findings as soon as I get back from abroad in a couple of weeks and try the replacement parts.

@DaveG , the tinkerer in me really wants to know: Can anything be done to the nozzles to fix them? Can you drill them with a micro drill bit to make them round again without flaring or widening the orifice? Just asking cos if my nozzles are damaged I will be tempted to try something like that.
Very interested in finding out your M.O!

The main issue I see with the nozzles is that there is a burr around the opening from drilling from the inside out. Reaming another drill bit through the hole will really not just remove the burr. I would be tempted to make a holding fixture for the nozzle so I could cut from the center out across the nozzle opening - it will require only a few microns to clean it up, but more than that will compromise performance...

you may also be able to try a tapered bit to try burnishing the nozzle opening from the front - super light touch required along with frequent checking...

important work you’ve done here Dave because there are too many people online who say these brushes are good and very clearly they are not sadly. Criticism is the only way they may fix the problems and turn out a worthwhile product in the end and till then at least some ppl may find out its best to give them a swerve for now. There are better cheap options out there.

Back