Just for fun, little grafo T2/ T3 gravity side cup mod

Tomair

Double Actioner
Just for abit of fun I made this fully functional prototype skull side feed cup that fits Grafo t2 and t3. I’m currently working on a nut adapter to fit a Iwata side cup… getting closer to having that functional with no air/paint leaks.. I’ll keep you updated

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3178.jpeg
    IMG_3178.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm not familiar with the material. Is the piece something you cast yourself or did you adapt an existing skull to the brush. If it was existing I'd guess you drilled the bowl and added the tube.

It’s basically just a strong plastic, harder than 3d printing. I had one of these skull from someone (can’t remember what) and got a friend of mine to make a mold and copy it for me. The other parts I used are a top of a siphon bottle for the T3 and the adapter tube that fits both T2 and T3. Then drilled a very snug hole in the skull. Lots of buffing to get the join perfect
Thats very cool Tom :)
thankyou 🙂

Hi, yeah it is. A friend of mine does 3d printing, moulding and castings. I got him to wip the mold up for me as he knows what’s he’s doing with all that stuff. I’m not sure of the full process he does I left him to his own devices lol. I do have a heap of extra skulls now though haha

I am would look at getting it chrome plated I use to take plastic and wood parts to a German guy in Sydney to have them copper plated for work in an toolmaking shop.
He would chrome plate anything, baby shoes ,baptism gowns and other keepsakes to some truely disturbing things. I made the mistake of asking what was the strangest thing he chrome plated and, what he had been asked to do but hasn't

Yeah I’m thinking I’ve having it laser scanned and stainless steel 3d printed by a precision parts company in Melbourne. This one was just for fun while I was working on the adapter nut that fits Iwata gravity side cups. I’ve just finished that, I’ll put up a post of how I did it at some stage

Back