Micron upgrade options?

S

Smiler65

evening all,
After recently having my fears confirmed that my nozzle and needle will need to be replaced, there not dire at the moment and still usable. I am looking at changing a few bits on it.
I want to buy the following but I'm not 100% sure everything is interchangeable, any of you guys or girls that can confirm for me.
I have a cm-sb version 1 but I'm looking at cm-sb v2 parts.

Needle (v2 is slightly shorter I know)
Nozzle
V2 trigger
V2 one piece needle chuck
Teflon needle pack

I also want an open cover so I can get to the needle chuck for quick flushing but not sure if any other models will fit the micron.

Obviously the above parts are an expensive purchase, another option is to buy the 0.2 hp-sbs? But I'm really starting to get the hang of my micron.
I currently have a blob of glue on my trigger to give me a better 'feel' for it hence wanting the taller v2 trigger if poss.

Or should I just say sod it and get the v2 when funds allow

The v2's one piece needle guide does not fit the v1. The v1's guide has that slot in the bottom that runs over that little screw underneath where the V2 does not have the screw so the guide does not need the slot. The rest is fine. I think you need to look at the Kustom CM for the open handle.

The v2's one piece needle guide does not fit the v1. The v1's guide has that slot in the bottom that runs over that little screw underneath where the V2 does not have the screw so the guide does not need the slot. The rest is fine. I think you need to look at the Kustom CM for the open handle.
Thanks Andre, if I was to remove or modify the guide screw, would it fit then or is the actual body different as well ?

That screw also holds in the collar where the handle screws on. I would not try to remove the screw. Just live with the 2 piece. I was also thinking of converting my V1 to a V2 but it's just not worth the money.

Thanks Andre, yes it's expensive up grade, I need the needle and nozzle anyway so if I just add the trigger, about 40€, ill probably leave it at then and live with the 2 piece chuck.

I have a black cut away handle on my Micron with a little thread on the adjuster knob. This is to screw the crown cap on so you don't lose it. I think it's a Lionart one. It's nice anyway. I may get a K33 needle for Christmas if I'm lucky. I got my replacement needle and nozzle from airbrushes.com, only cost me £70 for both. Couldn't tell the difference compared to the matched head assembly.

Lee

Seen a cutaway top at £20 for a micron but it's not a genuine one, think it's the same as what your on about,£70 is the same price I've found the needle and nozzle for as well.

Seen a cutaway top at £20 for a micron but it's not a genuine one, think it's the same as what your on about,£70 is the same price I've found the needle and nozzle for as well.
Have you tried lion arts prices mate?? Altho with shipping it may be just as cheap to buy in uk, just a thought

Have you tried lion arts prices mate?? Altho with shipping it may be just as cheap to buy in uk, just a thought
Yeah Matty have tried lion and foxy, both the same price as each other so I'll be ordering from one of them once I have decided on the other bits I want. I'm thinking about having a clearout and buying a V2 we'll see haven't made my mind up yet.

forget the teflon needle pack it is utter excremente and I have removed it from my V2 and replaced with the original from the v1 and I will replace it as soon as the donut rings get on the market but that may take some time , the cut away handle is nice but it has a downside : depending on how you old your brush the needle chuck screw will come loose and you put pressure on the needle guide witch can damage your brush in the long run .
I had the black one from Lion on for a year but I kept having trouble with the screw coming loose and a needle that wont move due to that loose screw so even if I really like the way the bruch would sit in my hand with that handle on it I removed it and have put the original closed one back on

Thanks for the insight @Ronald art always nice to get a view of someone that has used them. So far then the 1piece chuck, the Teflon upgrade and cutaway handle are out.
That just leaves the trigger, nozzle and needle about 120€ makes it easier to swallow.
I too want foxy to release some of those upgrades as an optional extra, donut ring and Black Devil would be nice.
On a different note, if anyone of you lucky owners were to damage a part,hope none of you do,are you not able to get spares then?

the nozzle is the same as the stock CM so no worries there , the needle is a K33 needle again no problem and that are the only 2 parts I ever needed to replace after either damage or wear , and I have drop a micron 3 times over the past 7 years I use one , but I am sure the special parts will be no problem if I would ever damage one ,if those parts will ever be on the open market is unknown to me

Back