Neo iwata trouble

S

Saint515

I’ve been using the airbrush for a day then all of a sudden it stops spraying paint and just air I’ve taken it apart cleaned it checked for clogs nothing i use a angelus paint and thin it please help I’m in a middle of a project

Just a couple of questions to help get some useful answers if that’s ok.
Have you used the paint before without problems?
How long have you been airbrushing? (Only ask because if it’s a while, then we can cut down on some of the beginner issues as a possibility)
When it stops spraying, will it deliver any paint at all? If you pull back all the way and blast it do you get any paint?
When it stops have you tried emptying the cup and running water or reducer through it? If the water comes out, then it’s probably not clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a couple of questions to help get some useful answers if that’s ok.
Have you used the paint before without problems?
How long have you been airbrushing? (Only ask because if it’s a while, then we can cut down on some of the beginner issues as a possibility)
When it stops spraying, will it deliver any paint at all? If you pull back all the way and blast it do you get any paint?
When it stops have you tried emptying the cup and running water or reducer through it? If the water comes out, then it’s probably not clogged.

I found out the issue it was that my nozzle was cracked and broke off so I had to replace it

I found out the issue it was that my nozzle was cracked and broke off so I had to replace it
glad you've found out why you had the problem.
Its always good to have a spare nozzle for when you 'are in the middle' of a project,
do you know how it got damaged ? did you get a little over enthusiastic when you cleaned it ? it happens to many newbies

most likely lol

Well I’ve run into another problem my airbrush suddenly started spraying out a lot of paint and making a mess all over my project and idk the reason, the needle is in all the way and I’ve made sure the nozzle didn’t crack again.

Last edited by a moderator:
most likely lol

Well I’ve run into another problem my airbrush suddenly started spraying out a lot of paint and making a mess all over my project and idk the reason, the needle is in all the way and I’ve made sure the nozzle didn’t crack again.

there can be a few reasons why, just to make sure we are talking about the right part, we were referring to #3 in regard to the nozzle.

combined with your current issue I'm thinking that you may have dropped your brush - or 'stabbed' the shoe in the process of painting if you had the needle cap (#1) off to help clean off the tip dry.
If in fact you have dropped/ stabbed it, you may have also bent the needle or damaged the nozzle cap (#2)
you may have even cross threaded the nozzle when you replaced it, or overtightened it.. .. ..

upload_2019-7-1_10-41-43.png

@DaveG may have some suggestions :)

if the needle is all the way forward, and you have paint spraying, there are only to possibilities i can think of - the first is that there is a bugger of gunk stuck just inside the nozzle that prevents the needle from sealing completely - clean the brush until it sprays clear water, and then see if it is still releasing water when you press the trigger. Holding it in front of a dark surface may help make the spray more visible.

The second, (and for me, most likely possibility) is that you managed to split the nozzle. They will crack from the top edge down. The split can sometimes be very difficult to see, but the tell tale sign is when you have paint spraying when the trigger is pressed, or your spray pattern starts shooting off to one side.

if the needle is all the way forward, and you have paint spraying, there are only to possibilities i can think of - the first is that there is a bugger of gunk stuck just inside the nozzle that prevents the needle from sealing completely - clean the brush until it sprays clear water, and then see if it is still releasing water when you press the trigger. Holding it in front of a dark surface may help make the spray more visible.

The second, (and for me, most likely possibility) is that you managed to split the nozzle. They will crack from the top edge down. The split can sometimes be very difficult to see, but the tell tale sign is when you have paint spraying when the trigger is pressed, or your spray pattern starts shooting off to one side.
The nozzle has just been replaced lol

The nozzle has just been replaced lol

If i read correctly, it sounded like he replaced the nozzle, and then after some use, it started to spit the paint all over his work... I'm obviously just guessing, but without more info I will stick with it.

If i read correctly, it sounded like he replaced the nozzle, and then after some use, it started to spit the paint all over his work... I'm obviously just guessing, but without more info I will stick with it.

yeah, its the 2nd nozzle, if the needle got bent that could have caused damage to the new nozzle yeah ? (thinking out loud here, that's all)

yeah, its the 2nd nozzle, if the needle got bent that could have caused damage to the new nozzle yeah ? (thinking out loud here, that's all)

this sounds pretty rough to me ..."my nozzle was cracked and BROKE OFF so I had to replace it..." . One thing to crack a nozzle, another to have it break off. Yes, they can be delicate, but breaking one outside of over-tightening it takes some skill ;) If one was to say, tighten the needle chuck without the trigger being all the way forward, pushing the trigger forward afterwards could potentially damage the nozzle. Bumping the back of the needle while the handle is off, reaming the needle home excessively hard while cleaning, or returning into the brush, etc... lots of possibilities.

Back