Painting on Glass with Createx

Chris g

Double Actioner
Hi, I'm thinking of reverse painting a simple design of coloured pastel blocks on glass for a kitchen notice board. I was going to use Createx 4050 to prime the back of the glass panel and then paint the colour blocks with wicked. I've seen videos of how to use 4050 but has anyone done this or have any tips ?

Thanks Chris G

its a clear coat.. you can spray it direct to metal and such though so I would say follow basic clear coat methods.. keep a wet edge and apply it with approx a 75% overlap.. let it dry between coats.. everything I have heard is DO NOT APPLY createx uvls clear to wet uvls clear

I should prolly add I have used this product to seal my artwork and did not apply it in this fashion.. My results were a very grainy and cloudy highly textured coating so if you want something as clear as the glass you should prolly try to use it as they say to use it for clear coating and not to be trigger shy.

I should prolly add I have used this product to seal my artwork and did not apply it in this fashion.. My results were a very grainy and cloudy highly textured coating so if you want something as clear as the glass you should prolly try to use it as they say to use it for clear coating and not to be trigger shy.
OK, thanks that's useful to know.

When painting behind glass, the glass must be completely clean.
A primer is of no use.
Because the primers that do adhere to glass will ore the glass.
The only thing you can do is apply several layers of 2k over your work when you are done.
to prevent scratches.
There is not much difference with gilding behind glass. You have to protect the back.

When painting behind glass, the glass must be completely clean.
A primer is of no use.
Because the primers that do adhere to glass will ore the glass.
The only thing you can do is apply several layers of 2k over your work when you are done.
to prevent scratches.
There is not much difference with gilding behind glass. You have to protect the back.
Hi,
Thanks. The gilding process seems interesting - quickly watched one video. About the primers, not sure what you mean by 'ore the glass'.

Chris

Back