Super 93

Kingpin

AKA, SIR KingPin
Staff member
Mod
Saw this one on the bay and was intrigued by the shaping of the air valve don't think I have seen one with a sloping angle like this one!

I am presuming its a super93, but please educate Me if I am wrong.

A quick clean and straightening of the needle, and a quick spay test before I do a deep clean :)

20240308_100454.jpg20240308_100507.jpg

I have not seen this one before. The cut out in the case is also angled for the air valve? And, there is no cam ring... interesting piece.

Dave, I think the case cutout is for the 90 degree Aerograph but it is just big enough to allow this one to fit in, but you can tell it pushes the brush slightly to the left!
I wonder it @Bigfoot has any info?

Ismael, the brush has "made in England" on the top and "897" on the bottom and the Aerograph signature on the handle :)

Saw this one on the bay and was intrigued by the shaping of the air valve don't think I have seen one with a sloping angle like this one!

I am presuming its a super93, but please educate Me if I am wrong.

A quick clean and straightening of the needle, and a quick spay test before I do a deep clean :)

View attachment 87876View attachment 87877
Really nice score. I saw this and wanted it myself but had spent way too much on airbrushes that week already. I now regret my restraint. I am happy to be wrong but I think the case (if original) suggests earlier than both 93 and 63. It is unusual for sure. I am glad it went to a good home and also jealous that home isn’t mine! :)

Is it screw in? doesn’t look the same shape as the nozzle you get in the 63/93. So everything points to it being earlier.

Sprays pretty well already considering how dirty it is!

Back