Toricon Homi

Electric Cat Dude

Needle-chuck Ninja
Whatever became of the Toricon Homi line of airbrushes? Did they just go bankrupt and disappear? I remember that Holbein imported them into the United States back in the 80s and 90s. If they have disappeared, it’s too bad. They were quite advanced and top quality, sporting platinum nozzles and an integrated air pressure control in the spray head decades before MAC valves became the rage.

I have a few more than a few ;). Holbein moved production to Fuso Seiki, so the "Toricon" brushes are still available, but not in any kind of wide distribution. The last stocking dealer I recall seeing with them may have been in the Netherlands. They are not the same, unique build they used to be in the 1980's - they look just like Iwata HP series brushes now, with a different detail on the rear of the handle. I do not know who was actually manufacturing the brushes originally, but they are for sure a different make than Fuso Seiki.

Here are few - "Dash" series on the left, non-Dash on the right. The Dash series feature adjustable regulator heads.

Holbeins x 5.jpg

Edit: I was poking around a little, and found some adds from 1990, and 1991 with the Y series featured, but by the 2000's it looks like they were producing only the "H" series, which is a Fuso Seiki build.

Last edited:
Back