How would you deal with this? Badger airbrush problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah in gorinchem Thursday but at 11am. Then back to brainpark. But my other meeting has cancelled so as it stands my day finishes at 12 so could always swing back should that be easier.

I'm happy either way, if you want to post direct then cool beans if you want me to swing by and collect it I'm happy to do it, won't be doing much else unless I pick up another meeting or two (at which case I'll have to back out and take the meetings)

It's no problem, I'll just post it from here, if you've got free time you can just enjoy the view or even better go and empty out Harrolds, lol

As I said it's not too expensive from here, I doubt if there is more than a couple of quid difference.

Fair enough :)

Lol I'm staying away from Harold's....went today and spent 30 euros....if I go in again I'll need bigger bags to get home and the Mrs will kill me hahaha already have to answer questions as my recent purchases have turned up while I'm here hahaha oh well, keeps the man cave fun! Plus got my course Sunday so got to practice haven't i hahaha

Thank you for the support and help guys it means alot.

That's just closer to what we are about here, we try to leave no man behind, lol

And those models are cool as hell, I started airbrushing to repair and paint model helicopter canopies but found that I preferred art instead.

I wish i could do drawings and that, my uncle is an artist and has sold a fair few, he always does a small painting for our christmas cards which are pretty cool, Wish i took after him

Wow those are some great looking trains and I love the way you built the tanks with pipes for a landscape piece.
See and you thought no one would be interested in your model trains.
These are the rains I use to play with eons ago , I found them while cleaning out my dad's garage so No I have not even had a chance to clean all the dust off them yet..P2240209.JPG P2240210.JPG P2240211.JPG P2240212.JPG P2240213.JPG
But I do want to fix them up I even found the old controller for the train and track and some buildings.

They are amazing, it would be fantastic to get them running and i hope you do. Since i lost my job through ill health i have been trying to spend time in our loft. I put a workbench up there a while back and love going and trying new things. I try to use any old stuff i can find since the job has gone. Like most men our dads started us off on trains, I remember it fairly well when he said im going to build a model train layout for Ken, well i was never allowed in to the room without him, It was more for him than me. So when my dad died 3 yrs ago i brought all his stuff to mine and am now in the process of building a layout that would make his toes curl. At the moment im building a 4 loco engine shed. This is made of foam board not sure what it would be called in the States. But it so easy to cut and very light. The little models i have made are the first type of thing i have done in my life. I did the usual model plastic kits when i was a kid. Im now 50 and would have never of thought of me doing this, but it was my dads dream to have a massive layout. Im not sure what you think of this but i was going to use a very small amount of his ashes in the scenery. I think he would be really pleased he was part of it.

I think using your dad's ashes would be very fitting being he gave you the passion to pick up where he left off.
My dad was like your on building me a layout (most of the trains I have were his when he was young) and I want to get them working for my kids . My youngest(16) has an interest in them the oldest(26) just wants one to pass to his kids when he has them. My daughter (18)claimed the dinning car the day I brought it up to the house ,It is cleaned and in a glass case but she does not want it restored because she said it was Papaws .
But you are never too old to play with trains:D beside if you do not grow up by the time you are 50 then it will never happen I am damn near 60 and I am still a big kid:D:D

No need to apologise, I would like stay as calm as you seem to be now, we all really do sympathise with the issue you are having but as I said we can't do much to help where Badger is concerned.

But I think I may just be able to help you out another way, I recently received a couple of second hand brushes free of charge, one of them I don't intend to use, I would be more than happy to send this to you so that you can a least get some painting done on your models.

The brush is a Hansa pro 250 with 0.2 mm nozzle, Hansa is owned by Harder & Steenbeck and parts are still available for it if needed.

It is second hand as I said but I haven't used it at all although I have cleaned and check all the parts, so I can't say how it will perform but have every faith that it will, so if you think it can help you PM me your address and I will send it to you.
wow....another really solid display of humanity from this site.....I really know that this is the place for me to be ....may god bless your Kindness!!...so far alot of humanity has been shown me here!!!! :) :)

There is only 1 of my kids with a hobby and thats the youngest girl (17) She plays football for a local team and was 4x top goal scorer with 54 being the lowest season. But it is nice to pass things to your kids on the hope of like me take up the hobby.

There is only 1 of my kids with a hobby and thats the youngest girl (17) She plays football for a local team and was 4x top goal scorer with 54 being the lowest season. But it is nice to pass things to your kids on the hope of like me take up the hobby.
well who knows if you hang around this lot long enough you may be painting all the background and back drops for that train set up.
I consider everyone on this forum family , We look out for one another and that is the way it should be.
Oh and we have fun things like Paint Pal that helps everyone get to know one another better through airbrushing:D
But even if you daughter does not pick up the hobby of trains maybe some day when you a granddad , your grandchildren will:D

Thanks for the comments. I have also been working on a British Rail crane and some construction vehicles which will be in a goods yard ready for work. Hope you like these. On one of the pics you will see that i have swapped its wheels for rail track wheels.

Attachments

• DSC_0246.JPG
    DSC_0246.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 16
  • take 3 023.jpg
    take 3 023.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 16
Both of those look like they have replaced many of rails and have earn their keep . I can hardly wait for you to get the entire set up finished and I do hope you post photo's of it when it is done.

Thanks for the comments Mr.Micron, im just having a great time doing small projects at the moment to be honest. I have been trying to make a 4 loco shed but pics are on other comp in loft. I will send some pics when i can. This pic is of me when i was about 10 (40yrs ago) with MY dads layout, but like i said i was only allowed in the room when he was there.

Attachments

• DSCF2047.JPG
    DSCF2047.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Mitch, i do hope he reads it and makes a comment. I was not asking for the world just getting my brush sorted. If they were not going to do anything then an email to say so would have been nice. If they would like to contact me by email instead of going through here then that fine, would be nice to get the long awaited reply. Thanks again Mitch.

Thanks for the comments Mr.Micron, im just having a great time doing small projects at the moment to be honest. I have been trying to make a 4 loco shed but pics are on other comp in loft. I will send some pics when i can. This pic is of me when i was about 10 (40yrs ago) with MY dads layout, but like i said i was only allowed in the room when he was there.
That is a nice little layout . You look so proud standing there.

Thanks, I have started to put some boards down and the first is about section is 16ft, but thats just 1 part of the loft boarded. It will go around the sides of the loft so some serious size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back