My journey through the clouds.

Love it!
I am not an illustrator. But that is exactly what I'd like to learn first if I ever go there.

Thanks,
Ismael
I have done a few of the classroom in a box lessons, and can tell you this kit would get you going in short order. Just the online content would be a great start, but the kit allows you to get results in a matter of hours instead of days/weeks. Really good learning experience.

It’s only 2 colors both illustration colors, cobalt blue mixed with illustration white to make a light sky blue. I then did a gradient top to bottom being more dark at the top. I used my eclipse for that. The rest was used using my CM-B. I used illustration white to sketch in the basic shapes of the clouds and did the extra shading with the sky blue mix. It is pretty much back and forth between the two colors. I tried to keep everything random as far as the shape of the clouds.

Depending on the position of the sun the shape of the cloud will change, also the time of day affects the color of the clouds, they can have all the colors of the rainbow in them. Also the direction and rhythm of the wind gives the cloud a certain sinuousness and fractality, large masses are like small masses, these are my small observations.

Finally got to do a bit more work on the painting today now that the honey do list is complete lol. Now I gotta decide what to put on the lower half. Got some ideas that involve water.IMG_8001.jpegIMG_8001.jpeg

Great choice on the peninsula Truggy. this is going to look awesome :)
Thank you Kingpin, really means a lot to me. This actually will need to be completed by May 2nd which is me and the wife’s 17th wedding anniversary and is her present. lol maybe I’ll get a new airbrush this year for mine. I need to get some subliminal messages out around the house that say Sotar 20/20 and Custom Micron lol.

Uh-oh. A little update but unfortunately not a good one. Painting got damaged when it fell off the drawing table which caused some light scratches and gouges. Could have been worse I guess. Had to do some gesso and sanding.IMG_8523.jpeg

Back