Airbrush Marketing - Tips and Secrets

ha ha, when i airbrush your bike for you, you will be completely safe, much safer than if any of my competitors airbrushed it, you are likely to fall off if you go to any of those.............:friendly_wink:

You could look at it that way… I guess…. Although talismanic ideas only really work when all parties involved agree to it (harmonic resonance and relationship), so if the person who’s bike you are spraying doesn’t believe you then it won’t work for them….

…although every possible outcome is a reality unto itself in parallel form. So somewhere that person is always crashing their bike. The question is “what realities do they choose to shift through” ones where they crash or ones where they don’t? This is speaking linearly of course.

What I meant was, people will only pay you what you believe you are worth. If you believe that what you have to offer the world is worth nothing, then that’s exactly what people will be willing to pay.
That doesn’t mean you go around thinking you’re the bomb and except to get paid mega cash for poo (although I guess you could if you really wanted to) but if you follow your heart without expectation and know what you have to offer is worthwhile (or creation would not have given you the ability to do it in your own way) then you will get a reflection proportionate to that belief. What you put out is what you get back.

I'm trying to work out if i should take a tab or simply read between the lines and take what's being said. Because i agree 100%, but tripping is fun aswell.
In all seriousness though - cool blog - is it yours Canvas?

Most of that is basic business sense, although mostly linguistics and car sales, there are some good points and info there though, but the main thing I totally disagree with is offering a lower price or a budget version of what I do, everything I do is high end, so this reflects in the price, never would is lower the standard of my work to please a customer, and recommend that non of you do either

Most of that is basic business sense, although mostly linguistics and car sales, there are some good points and info there though, but the main thing I totally disagree with is offering a lower price or a budget version of what I do, everything I do is high end, so this reflects in the price, never would is lower the standard of my work to please a customer, and recommend that non of you do either
Couldn't agree more.

I agree which is why I posted the link with my original comment about being aware your own worth.

No, it’s not my blog, but it’s one I thought might help people who are thinking about airbrushing for a living by giving them things to consider that I don’t see being mentioned anywhere else. It might work for them it might not, it’s their choice, but it’s hard to make a choice without info.
If it works for you, great. If it doesn’t work for you, change it so it does or just ignore it.

I agree with all of you. Problem is, what does high end mean in monetary means? I am into airbrushing for 5 months now and I am doing the airbrushing for my own satisfaction at this stage. But I do start having dreams of maybe one day not having a Software development job as a regular job. So what does offering lower price entails or for that matter budget version.

I will never lower my standards for anybody.........

I don't think I will ever have to worry about this problem, lol but IMO I don't think it is a matter of lowering one's standards as much as it is contributed by something we even see a lot on here especially with young artist's like myself we tend to devalue our work because we are so critical of ourselves. I see on here absolutely great talented artists that could paint for a living if they chose to but most don't either because it is not there goal or they don't feel they could. I think a lot of this is also in part that there is no standard, or pricing guide to go by but there absolutely can be realistically competitive in pricing if they choose to.

I didn't read it all but sounds like some good tips in there..I honestly have no issue with lowering my standard of work as it opens up doors to a larger market..Obviously there are some area's you wouldnt want to do this in, especially auto/bike work as most want and expect show quality but for the humble worker who cant even afford a harley let alone to get one airbrushed but just wants a nice portrait for his wall of his family then there's a big difference between producing a high end realistic portrait that you may put 30 hours into and have to charge a decent wad to justify your time spent which may then price that fellow out again or producing something in 5 or 6 hours that represents what he wanted truely and more in his price range and when its all said and done its art so you can get away with it.. I actually explain to customers their options in that regard, show them examples of work that have different levels of what I can do and explain the pricing for such so it opens the door to some that may never consider purchasing art as when its all said and done its def not something people need to survive and what they should expect out of a $300 painting compared to a $1000 painting. But everyone's different..

Good point rebelair, time and complexity need to be accounted for honestly with customers, if they cant see that, then they shouldnt really be your customer.

Back