Badger GFX renewal

DaveG

Airbush Analyst
I found a pretty pristine Badger 100 GFX body in the gift box I received from them. It was missing a head, needle, trigger and auxiliary lever. Scrounging through the other contents of the box, along with my existing stash, sourcing the parts to complete the brush was easy. It had an ill fitting plastic handle (feels almost like nylon), so I decided to turn another. I chose a black pearl acrylic blank for it. Honestly, it isn't tickling my fancy as much as I thought it might, so another handle may be in the works for it... The head is an early adjustable regulator version with fine nozzle and needle. I replaced the trigger spring retainer, and spring with something of my own - lightening the trigger feel and response. It works quite nicely.

As found in the box of goodies - it did have a little dried paint in it, but not much cleaning was needed.

DSC_2939_2.jpg

Adjustable regulator fine head and needle added, along with a trigger, and a few other parts - black pearl acrylic handle to finish it off.

DSC_2941_2.jpg
DSC_2942_2.jpg
DSC_2943_2.jpg

What a beauty!
Along with an original 150P and an original 100XF, the GFX is in my short list of wanted brushes for my collection.

Thanks,
Ismael

What a beauty!
Along with an original 150P and an original 100XF, the GFX is in my short list of wanted brushes for my collection.

Thanks,
Ismael
I think there are two 150's among the "needing to be salvaged" brushes at the bottom of the box. When I dig them out, if they are what you are looking for, I got you covered ;) .

This is a nice looking brush. I like the handle. It looks like it should have come with it. It goes well with the chrome to me.

Love that original notch. I have saved searches on ebay keeping an eye out for one of these. Maybe one day I'll get lucky. Any advice for where I might find one? Badgers generally are more rare up here in Canada.
You mean the smaller cup? It took me years to find one. Every time one would show up on Ebay, the prices were just silly high. I wound up putting out a "wanted" post on FB. I wound up trading someone for the brush in the wooden case in "as new" condition. Very fair deal. I have a couple of the larger cup versions - including the first one I purchased as new in the 90's.

The SOTAR is so pretty I may get one even if I have absolutely no need or use for it :)
these are original, they have changed the cup style on them a couple of times since these were introduced. The machine work on the originals is quite a bit nicer than the more recent versions.

Back