Changing to a taller trigger? Please help

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hi guys, i have been away for a while, my computer decided to die. SO! Today, I got my first airbrush ( buying things by a month by month basis, so i don't go broke), and i want to change the trigger to the taller one, that i ordered with it. Can someone please direct me to a tutorial on how to safety and correctly disassemble an airbrush and put it back together with new upgrades and such?

Also, any books you guys can recommend would be great, dealing with maintenance/repair, techniques/tricks, and so on. THANKS! :)

Hi guys, i have been away for a while, my computer decided to die. SO! Today, I got my first airbrush ( buying things by a month by month basis, so i don't go broke), and i want to change the trigger to the taller one, that i ordered with it. Can someone please direct me to a tutorial on how to safety and correctly disassemble an airbrush and put it back together with new upgrades and such?

Also, any books you guys can recommend would be great, dealing with maintenance/repair, techniques/tricks, and so on. THANKS! :)
yes just one question what airbrush is it?

Here's a YouTube vid on a HP-C+ teardown. Iwata HP-C Plus Tear Down and Cleaning Part 1 - YouTube

As for books. I have not really found good ones. There a ton of vids on youtube on this . That or go to Iwata's web site . I am assuming Iwata, since many do not offer a taller trigger, if not Iwata, same goes for all the other brands out there. Unless it is a knockoff brush, then you have to figure they are all based on an older Iwata design, and go from there.

All those vids should get you going. Theres even one by the iwata guru out there, cant remember his name for the life of me though.

I have a CH , love that thing, no need for a taller trigger for me though, small hands.

All those vids should get you going. Theres even one by the iwata guru out there, cant remember his name for the life of me though.

I have a CH , love that thing, no need for a taller trigger for me though, small hands.

Ha, yeah, I have pretty long fingers, so I am hoping the taller trigger makes it a tad more comfortable to use and wont tire my hand out as much. I will probably do that with the other brushes i buy as well. I have been watching, and rewatching those videos, so when i feel confident enough, i will give it a go!

I emailed the company and they told me this :

Step 1. Remove Needle from brush.

Step 2. Remove Complete Air Valve Body from brush

Step 3. Pull out trigger

Step 4. Push trigger pin from bottom of brush through the top with back end of needle

Step 5. Insert new trigger, screw on air valve, replace needle.

and i'm like, " wait, what?" hahaha, its not their fault I'm an idiot. Just being new to the whole airbrush thing and the parts i'm a little confused, i appreciate them even emailing me back! I think I am better with seeing anyways, then reading, especially step 4.

Last edited:
Dont know why you need to remove the trigger. Is it made different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or you could just build up the trigger with foam pads, erasers or hot glue. ...seamonkey has done a tutorial on how to do it. .. write a nice effect as you can mould the hot glue to the pad of your finger

Dont know why you need to remove the trigger. Is it made different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are just taller, i have pretty long fingers, and the smaller triggers tire out my hand. I was not aware of the building up the trigger, before i bought the taller one. ha

Back