Hello from Holland

• Thread starter mauricesteenbergen
  • Start date
Hi and welcome

please visit the ACN on a club meeting some times, is up stairs by Eric.
We try to help one out and sometimes we get lucky ;) last meeting was @ Marrissa how gave a demo.

Welcome aboard and I can say as a newbie myself, don't be afraid to post anything here. There are great and helpful people on this forum

Hi Maurice,
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to hang out and learn stuff :) I'm a Brit but I live in Holland.

For medical reasons I've just gone the other way around from you and I've been trying out digital airbrushing after I've been real airbrushing for just under 2 years. I got a Wacom Intuos Pro small and bought an extra Wacom Digital Airbrush but it only really works with a few programs and that's annoying because I really like Manga 5. Corel Painter X3 is ok but I haven't found any program that I really like and the Wacom Airbrush is not really an airbrush although the wheel is interesting. I'll probably want to pick your brains on this subject at some point :) Do you use other programs to digital airbrush or are you a Photoshop person?

I have to say though that I much prefer real airbrushing and have been experimenting with tehcniques to make it possible for me to real airbrush more easily rather than digital airbrushing.
Cheers Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Maurice. I know what you mean, computers can get a bit much. You should definately do a class with Marissa. She's in Katwijk. You will jump 5 years after just one of her classes. Good luck on the journey.

Hi Mel,

I actually watched some of your Youtube videos while I was determining what gear to get. I really liked your "as we go along" approach of video making. Sorry to hear that you have medical problems that restrict you from doing more "analog" airbrushing.

I'm a Photoshop guy myself. I've been using Photoshop since 1993, and I went from the early versions all the way up to the current one (CC). I already have a Creative Cloud (Adobe) subscription for my professional video work. That suite comes with Photoshop and everything else Adobe has, including a Behance Pro account for portfolio/website purposes.

I currently have a Wacom Intuos 3, which works great with Photoshop. Another great painting/drawing program I can really endorse is Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. I think they have a free trial available, I even have a version that came with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, it's amazing :)

Good luck with your digital adventure!
Maurice.

Welcome Maurice. I know what you mean, computers can get a bit much. You should definately do a class with Marissa. She's in Katwijk. You will jump 5 years after just one of her classes. Good luck on the journey.

Thanks for the tip on Marissa, other members have recommended her to me too. Will check it out :)

Back